2 bots in the same xat

Kevvo

• Advanced Members

today entering an xat, I find several xat using two bots in the same xat I don't know if this is allowed or not

but arcbots and fexbots ask for power (bot)

oceanproject is not requiring this use and you can easily add a bot without the need for power which leads to having two bots

Is this allowed? @Nathan @Actavus @FEXBots  @Jedi   @LP89

8rPGf9X.png        fpKZvKe.png

Edited by D4niel
  • Sad 1
  • Done! 1

• Volunteers

You can have 2 bots as long as you don't abuse it.

We know that most of the groups are using Ocean for Spotify (example: Sobhet) and another one for Games (or something else).

So, it's not a problem.

Edited by SLOom

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, SLOom said:

Puedes tener 2 bots siempre y cuando no abuses de él.

Sabemos que la mayoría de los grupos están usando Ocean para Spotify (ejemplo: Sobhet) y otro para Juegos (o algo más).

Entonces, no es un problema.

5 hours ago, Sydno said:

It is allowed to have 2 bots (not more) but if and only if you have 2 bot powers assigned.

9 hours ago, Nycton said:

Hi @D4niel

Years ago they did not occupy 2 bots in the room, today nothing to worry about, it is an old form for users who do not have money to buy the services of a company and use it for juices.

There is nothing to worry about

9 hours ago, iDan said:

Good morning, I'm on the arcbot team and I've always seen arcbot and other companies together, so this is normal for me.

I understand but I think this is serious and oceanproject is making a mistake

you can try adding an oceanproject, without the need of the power bot

just by registering on the page and adding a bot to a room, a bot is registered in that xat, and it cannot be deleted without the knowledge of the owner of the xat

Is this allowed?

Edited by D4niel

• Bot Service Providers

Is only an issue if abused.

Bot power was originally created by xat admins to help prevent raid bots, while still allowing bot providers to safely run.

This allows bot providers to not have to worry about updating their code to bypass xat's raid systems should xat admins update it to block more raid bots.

Although we make sure to do the following to help keep things safe for everyone:

ARCbot's doesn't bypass bot power.

Although bot pawn doesn't always work as intended:

1. Bot power gets changed to a different xatid while ARCbot is still online
  2. xat systems glitches
  3. Chat gets unlisted temporarily disabling bot power

ARCbot never stays in a chat unless given permission:

1. We require an Owner+ to do !confirmbot when it joins a room for the first time
  2. Main Owner can always force remove an ARCbot by revoking this permission with command: !unconfirmbot

Edited by Actavus
Raid bots info
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members
43 minutes ago, Actavus said:

Is only an issue if abused.

Bot power was originally created by xat admins to help prevent raid bots, while still allowing bot providers to safely run.

This allows bot providers to not have to worry about updating their code to bypass xat's raid systems should xat admins update it to block more raid bots.

Although we make sure to do the following to help keep things safe for everyone:

ARCbot's doesn't bypass bot power.

2. xat systems glitches

ARCbot never stays in a chat unless given permission:

1. We require an Owner+ to do !confirmbot when it joins a room for the first time
  2. Main Owner can always force remove an ARCbot by revoking this permission with command: !unconfirmbot

Do you mean that anyone can add a bot to a room without confirmation from the xat administrator?

I think that there is the power (bot) and there should be a confirmation from a main owner to add the bot.

on the contrary it happens with oceanproject, anyone can add a bot to any room, and after that that bot cannot be removed

I was just commenting on this, because I think it’s serious I don’t know what the xat administrator said @Admin

I also want to say that I don't see correctly that there are two bots from one company and another added to a room

I think with a bot, be it arcbots, oceanproject, fexbots is enough and it is enough anyone can choose which company you choose

and of course the gamebot is the secondary bot

The gamebot does not work for sure.

• Volunteers
42 minutes ago, D4niel said:

I was just commenting on this, because I think it’s serious I don’t know what the xat administrator said @Admin

Admins have been aware of this situation since months (and probably years for people bypassing the bot power), and it's not bothering them until it becomes a real problem. If they see that it's highly abused, they would probably take actions against the bot in question. 

Yet again, it's a choice to have 2 bots on a chat if they are here for a specific reason (spotify/games etc), not sure why there is a reason to complain about. If there is a bot you don't want, just ban it and you're good I guess?

But anyways, I think Ocean should have the same system as FEX and ARC (confirm a bot), so if a bot is not confirmed by a main owner, it wouldn't stay on the chat and then 0 problem. 

To clarify (even tho nothing is official yet), this shouldn't be an issue very soon! We are waiting for feedback from the administrators regarding the potential ideas.

58 minutes ago, Actavus said:

2. xat systems glitches

Things that should need to be discussed with admins and see if we can fix them.

Edited by SLOom

• Bot Service Providers

as said from other bot providers, multiple bots should not be a big problem if not abused.

in any case LP89 doesn't bypass bot power. if the ID isn't correct it simply won't turn on, and it will return an error with a guide to how to fix that.

some exception could happen for very rare glitches related to the chat, but honestly i didn't see one from a lot of time...

concluding LP89 bot has 3 main rules to prevent abuses:

1- LP89 bot will not join a room if bot power is not assigned or the ID in chat settings is not correct.

2- a free bot will always need an owner/main owner to confirm it in less than 60 seconds from start to remain online before enabling all its commands.

3- a premium bot does not need the confirmation because a further check is made

• Like 1