Communism

1,000 xat contest

Just now, Rant said:

Let's establish a few facts so future guesses can be less stupid:

• There is an absolute minimum number of 85 coins. (Which is obviously not the answer considering you can see nickels in the picture)
  • There is an absolute maximum number of 425 coins. (Which is also obviously not the answer because you can see quarters in the picture)
  • There must be an odd number of coins. (You can't make 2125 by adding even numbers)

Wow, thanks, Jake! Now I can more easily formulate my plan to win this contest. I'll be guessing soon based off of this info ;‭).

7 minutes ago, Rant said:

Let's establish a few facts so future guesses can be less stupid:

• There is an absolute minimum number of 85 coins. (Which is obviously not the answer considering you can see nickels in the picture)
  • There is an absolute maximum number of 425 coins. (Which is also obviously not the answer because you can see quarters in the picture)
  • There must be an odd number of coins. (You can't make 2125 by adding even numbers)

Shhh, we already knew that, but don't tell people :$ 

21 hours ago, Valdoni said:

I was the first to say the number ''250'' (d) xD 

Sry Vald *fedup* 

Then 106 

109 coins. 79 quarters, 30 nickels.

Only about 4 or 5 of the answers posted here are actually possible answers, just to let you all know.

• Like 1

The correct number was 149 (69 quarters, 80 nickels), which means that the winner is @Sergi, who guessed 152 (which was technically an impossible number, but hey, he was still closest.)

As @Rant explained, and as a few other people seemed to discover, only 84 different numbers were actually possible (89, 93, 97, ... count by 4 up to 421), so good job to anyone who figured that out.

Please contact @Muffins to get your prize Sergi. Thanks to everyone for participating.

• Like 4

Thanks for hosting @Communism, I personally really enjoy contests like these that require some thought (even though I guessed because I was feeling lazy lmao). 

• Like 1

Surprised nobody went with 150 - it would have won it. Congrats though!

Congratulations, Sergi !!

It was fun seeing all the Fermi estimates.

Thanks for hosting, Communism

• Like 1