1,000 xat contest

Communism

• Members
Just now, Rant said:

Let's establish a few facts so future guesses can be less stupid:

• There is an absolute minimum number of 85 coins. (Which is obviously not the answer considering you can see nickels in the picture)
  • There is an absolute maximum number of 425 coins. (Which is also obviously not the answer because you can see quarters in the picture)
  • There must be an odd number of coins. (You can't make 2125 by adding even numbers)

Wow, thanks, Jake! Now I can more easily formulate my plan to win this contest. I'll be guessing soon based off of this info ;‭).

• Volunteers
7 minutes ago, Rant said:

Let's establish a few facts so future guesses can be less stupid:

• There is an absolute minimum number of 85 coins. (Which is obviously not the answer considering you can see nickels in the picture)
  • There is an absolute maximum number of 425 coins. (Which is also obviously not the answer because you can see quarters in the picture)
  • There must be an odd number of coins. (You can't make 2125 by adding even numbers)

Shhh, we already knew that, but don't tell people :$ 

• Advanced Members

The correct number was 149 (69 quarters, 80 nickels), which means that the winner is @Sergi, who guessed 152 (which was technically an impossible number, but hey, he was still closest.)

As @Rant explained, and as a few other people seemed to discover, only 84 different numbers were actually possible (89, 93, 97, ... count by 4 up to 421), so good job to anyone who figured that out.

Please contact @Muffins to get your prize Sergi. Thanks to everyone for participating.

• Award 4