1,000 xat contest

Communism

• Advanced Members

The contest is over, Sergi is the winner, see the second page for details.

-----------------

I thought it was a good occasion to have a contest for 1k xats – the amount that you (don't) need to get your lost account recovered!

This contest is very simple. Guess the total number of coins that are in this cup:

rflQYSb.jpg

...and the person who is closest wins the prize.

(Some of the coins look a little wavy, but that's just because the cup has some ridges on the outside. I promise there's nothing funny about them. :( )

A few important pieces of information:

- There are only nickels (5 cents) and quarters (25 cents) in the cup.

- The total value of the money in the cup is 2125 cents.

Also, only one guess per person pls.

The contest will be closing Saturday, July 2nd, at around 8 PM GMT. In the event of a tie, the prize will go to whoever made a guess first. Muffins is holding the prize

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
On 28/06/2016 at 0:41 PM, 6 said:

71 8-) maybe

On 28/06/2016 at 0:48 PM, IDIMA said:

91 :p

4 hours ago, Meow said:

2 hours ago, -Kami- said:

Just saying, 2125 cents / 25 quarters = 85 coins which means that there is an absolute minimum of 85 coins IF all of the coins were quarters, which we know they are not. 

p.s. I know some of the guesses are over 85, but I think they'd be unlikely as there must be a greater number of nickels in the jar.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Let's establish a few facts so future guesses can be less stupid:

1. There is an absolute minimum number of 85 coins. (Which is obviously not the answer considering you can see nickels in the picture)
  2. There is an absolute maximum number of 425 coins. (Which is also obviously not the answer because you can see quarters in the picture)
  3. There must be an odd number of coins. (You can't make 2125 by adding even numbers)
  4. Your coin count plus 3 must be divisible by 4. (In code terms: (c + 3) % 4 == 0)
  • Award 3