Edit the article Security or Scam

Raven

• Contributors

Hi. Today I come with the proposal to edit the articles related to Security/Scam.

Why? Because I think xat users should always be informed and protected.

What's new?  TeamViewer + SupRemo, a very deceptive application package.

Purpose: I would like the users to find out about these programs and advise them not to use them regardless of the person requesting them.

Possible effects: The other person can take advantage of the fact that he has full access to your PC and in a moment of inattention, he can leave you with nothing.

About TeamViewer : Is a proprietary software application for remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer between computers.

About SupRemo: Is an easy-to-use solution for remote desktop control and support allowing to access a remote PC/server.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely, Raven.

• Award 5
  • Like 4

• Advanced Members

It is good that this article is edited, since there are many people who use it, but very few know that they can be used against them (since they are very trustworthy). There would also be more programs besides the ones you named.

• Like 3

• Raven changed the title to Edit the article Security or Scam
  • Advanced Members

Good suggestions. Thank you for your suggestions and information. People myself should always be careful for their theyself safety.these are very important information

Edited by DUYGU

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Magic said:

It is good that this article is edited, since there are many people who use it, but very few know that they can be used against them (since they are very trustworthy). There would also be more programs besides the ones you named.

1 hour ago, DUYGU said:

Good suggestions. Thank you for your suggestions and information. People myself should always be careful for their theyself safety.these are very important information

1 hour ago, Coolingman said:

Thats a good suggestion. With technology advancing daily, it is mandatory to put scams like TeamViewer Scams making unknown users have access to their computer and people losing everything. Information about this should be edited and included in the article.

It is true, this should be well known to everyone and should be well informed about this.

• Like 1

• Contributors

Good idea, I think I can contribute to this. In fact, "via Skype" should NOT accept any type of file sharing, there have also been some thefts by Skype, through malicious links and shared files.
This happens a lot sometimes in those karaoke contests that sometimes they do in some chats, and when "trusted" friends earn your skype, and then they want to share some kind of file with you.

However, there is a large list of programs like these, but the best known and similar ones can be announced.

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

Hi, I like the idea, but I don't think xat.com will get involved in such a thing.

- Who has the program on your PC or phone, downloaded for some reason, so he knows what he is, he knows what he is doing.
- To use you need every entry in the PC, a new code or password.
- To make a transfer or trade you need a password at xat.com account, but you don´t have it.
- With the PC off/disconnect, this program does not work.
- You have total control over the program, if someone really wants to try something, disconnect the PC or click X «  [and you´re safe again]
- This program can use 50% of xat.com members, and is used for PC help, not business.

Maybe I'm wrong, we're not talking about the same programs, teamviewer and Supremo.
If I missed adding something here, you can search on Google or ask friends.

My question is: How can anyone steal from someone else's PC?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who makes the scams does not use these programs.
It is a program that can connect the PC, and can do anything you want, without being able to observe.
- I think everything is insecure 99%, if you are not careful on many of the website there may be scams.
- As many of the comments above mentioned, it may be a link, or files, you must not accept anything from anyone.

Regards Bau.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bau said:

Hi, I like the idea, but I don't think xat.com will get involved in such a thing.

- Who has the program on your PC or phone, downloaded for some reason, so he knows what he is, he knows what he is doing.
- To make a transfer or trade you need a password at xat.com account, but you don´t have it.
- You have total control over the program, if someone really wants to try something, disconnect the PC or click X «  [and you´re safe again]
- This program can use 50% of xat.com members, and is used for PC help, not business.

Maybe I'm wrong, we're not talking about the same programs, teamviewer and Supremo.
If I missed adding something here, you can search on Google or ask friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who makes the scams does not use these programs.
It is a program that can connect the PC, and can do anything you want, without being able to observe.
- I think everything is insecure 99%, if you are not careful on many of the website there may be scams.
- As many of the comments above mentioned, it may be a link, or files, you must not accept anything from anyone.

Regards Bau.

I think it is correct @Bau, but I think TeamViewer may be used for something to hang personal information (just as written by @xRavenette). I can remember TeamViewer lets you to receive documents etc (also cookies, as saved passwords etc), so keep an eye if you want to share your PC desktop with someone else.

• Contributors

It is correct some things that you say, however, I differ in some things. And these are the reasons:

On 1/13/2020 at 6:19 AM, Bau said:

Not everyone who has it knows 100% of what the program is about (since they may download it for something specific, without knowing all the other functions that the program has). A high percentage of users don't know how to block certain options, so when installed, if you have not known how to modify the configuration you will be giving total control of your computer to a stranger.

In fact yes, it can be used with some of the computers turned off. For example, in the case of TeamViewer, in its package it brings the function of "Wake-on-LAN (WOL)" What is it? a function that can turn on a computer off or in sleep mode. BUT, this function is not allowed by a MAC computer that is completely turned off because Apple doesn't allow it, but in sleep mode it does.

We hope to avoid that this "50%" doesn't increase, more rightly, these warnings should be applied. Before the programs becomes more recognized and innocent people who don't know about it, begin to fall into their downloads through cheating and scams. (Regardless of who asks to download them).

There are too many ways, with advanced coding, complicated programs, viruses that drop on your pc to collect information including cookies, saved passwords, open sessions, and get it on their linked server, etc.  Something that can also be done in a simple program like Skype. The safest of all, is never to click on any link, or accept unknown files, however the other warnings can be useful information to reinforce knowledge.

Keep in mind that I didn't name all the programs, I relied more on "TeamViewer" however, the other programs are very similar to this, and have almost the same features and functions, but for obvious reasons I can't explain one by one. It is something general that includes several programs. (Those two are the most recognized so far). In this case, the rest is obvious.

Regards!!

Edited by RobFerrari
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
55 minutes ago, Marya said:

Many thanks @Admin once more  thank you  

https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scams 

Admin didn't make it. It was made since 2013 and now @Crow re-visited it and edited it.

https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scams&action=history

Edited by Leandro

• Advanced Members
32 minutes ago, Leandro said:

Admin didn't make it. It was made since 2013 and now @Crow re-visited it and edited it.

https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scams&action=history

Anayway many thanx   

Taht is most important for xat  

especially for the Romanian community cause them are using these programs