New Lost Access "Policy"

Daniel

• Advanced Members

All of these requirements to recover a lost account is absurd. I can understand other features being paid services because they are more exclusive, but it should never be this deep to recover a LOST account.

Let's say there was a long time xat user that took a break and wanted to use xat again, and was told that they can't have access to the account because the account is considered worthless, I would only have to assume that they would be appalled by the treatment they are receiving as a long time user, and would most likely leave as a result. Yes, you can easily create a new account, but now they are leaving all the history behind, such as gifts, BFF/marriages, friends, etc. It is ludicrous that volunteers' are the judge to what is considered valuable. You may not consider it sentimental, but it may be to them. Just like how anything in the world would be important to someone and irrelevant to someone else. Now as a result, you lose a potential customer, not because they lost the account, but because of the way they are being viewed by the business, which is a worthless user, because they haven't purchased xats. This is a poor way to bring in more customers. 

I also heard a volunteer state that it shouldn't be that big of a deal because not as many users are affected. This is was such a surprising and distasteful reply coming from a volunteer, and made me question their passion for helping users and the website as a whole.. First of all, as a business you want to accommodate all your users because without them you are nothing. Even if they haven't purchased xats, they use other services such as chats which are free. There are a lot of youngsters that use this website and don't have the funds to purchase extra services such as powers/xats/days. Also, lack of payment options due to them being from other countries could be a factor as Isa stated.  After they experience great satisfaction with the service, they may purchase more xats in the future.

Something as little as not being able to regain access to an account due to it being undervalued can drive them away from using the service entirely. What this is telling the masses is that they (admins) don't care about us if we don't put our money in their pockets, which creates the narrative that the business full of money-hungry individuals. Why would users want to purchase xats this way? I stand for all the users.

#LittleThingsMatter

• Award 5

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Steven said:

This is incredibly disappointing. There has been a lot of talk among the community (official chats/forum) about how the xat community has been dying. I am starting to understand why that is...

Volunteers are supposed to mend the gap between admins and normal users. As of late, they have done the complete opposite: driven a wedge between the normal users and the volunteers/admins, and every time a debate thread opens up, that becomes more and more apparent. I don't know who is to blame for this new policy, but ultimately the volunteers are representing the admins in the eyes of the normal users. Even if it was a decision made solely by the admins, the volunteers are the face of the site, and it's up to them to deal with issues like this... and no, by "deal with issues," I do not mean mass-delete posts and pretend nothing ever happened. But instead, no reasoning has been given for any of this, no sympathy or understanding has been shown, and clearly the community is unhappy but that does not appear to matter.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything the volunteers have done and are continuing to do for this site (and I know most people feel the same); none of us would be here without you. But that doesn't mean I will pretend there aren't problems!

Based on responses I've seen (on the forum and the chat), it seems like they don't really care about the community. I am assessing that notion through their actions. I don't want to believe this, but they left me with no choice to.

Based on some of their attitudes it seems like everything is cool as long as they still hold their high status and power, and receive their incentives (test powers) on a weekly basis. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Steven said:

This is incredibly disappointing. There has been a lot of talk among the community (official chats/forum) about how the xat community has been dying. I am starting to understand why that is...

Volunteers are supposed to mend the gap between admins and normal users. As of late, they have done the complete opposite: driven a wedge between the normal users and the volunteers/admins, and every time a debate thread opens up, that becomes more and more apparent. I don't know who is to blame for this new policy, but ultimately the volunteers are representing the admins in the eyes of the normal users. Even if it was a decision made solely by the admins, the volunteers are the face of the site, and it's up to them to deal with issues like this... and no, by "deal with issues," I do not mean mass-delete posts and pretend nothing ever happened. But instead, no reasoning has been given for any of this, no sympathy or understanding has been shown, and clearly the community is unhappy but that does not appear to matter.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything the volunteers have done and are continuing to do for this site (and I know most people feel the same); none of us would be here without you. But that doesn't mean I will pretend there aren't problems!

kudos!

I may seem smug to some but at least I care.  @Admin listen to the people.  .

Reconsider the direction xat is going in.  THIS is the community speaking. EVERY user SHOULD feel that he or she matters. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The policy has been abandoned all together. For anyone who requests it, we will attempt to recover access to their account as long as other security-related policies allow for it.

THANK YOU!

Exactly what we were looking for. Thank you to everyone for supporting this and helping this be changed.

• Award 3