New Lost Access "Policy"

Daniel

• Advanced Members

I also agree what is the point in this? It's unfair, people have multiple accounts or just cant afford that many xats, if they lose access they wont get helped? even if they have over 1k on another?

All customers should be treated fairly and equally no matter how many xats they have or don't have, I know this don't affect most people due to them having over the 1000 xats value in store, People may have quit for a while who had no powers and have decided to join back and found now that they cant get there account back, and they could have a 5 dig id which would now be pointless and not used.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Arthur said:

What a shame!

Is this really happening, users who have xats/days/powers receiving special treatment over normal users? (Yes, they already get special treatment for other services such as e-mail change and short names transfer but account recovering should definitely be a free service and be available for everyone.)

There shouldn't be any requirements at all. As long as the user is able to prove they own the account, they should receive assistance. Having a minimum account value requirement is just stupid and in my opinion it sounds like telling people who are unable to buy xats or choose not to, they're worthless.

If xat can't pay people to answer tickets why should we pay to receive support? Seems like they're just greedy.

Exactly this is just treating people differently that have paid money to use this service, which is 100% unfair, yeah I agree on some departments its needed to be like this, but come on lost access? anyone should be able to get it back even if they have no xats

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

I really don't think this is fair, maybe it was a misunderstanding, we don't know until they make an official announcement.

I'm just hoping this is a mistake, or that there will be another solution.

We already have a lot of departments that requires the user to be a paid user to use it, but recovering an account shouldn't be a problem for those who don't have anything.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Sean said:

That's the whole point of this thread. Of course there is a reason, but there is no rationale as to why this would have to be implemented. I've considered a lot of factors and I still can't fathom. This is why I personally believe that this decision was financially motivated for the most part. It also speaks volumes that no one on this thread has had any conflicting views to this change yet.

We have been opposite sides of the fence and have come to same conclusion.  I am sure later we will be told it is a misunderstanding though.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, Christina said:

We have been opposite sides of the fence and have come to same conclusion.  I am sure later we will be told it is a misunderstanding though.

Haha that's true! That's how you know something is definitely wrong. xD

I doubt it's a misunderstanding, this is not a surprising implementation looking at xat's history, we've seen terrible implementations take place as regards to support tickets, but it's never brought much attention. Stah took the initiative to put a spotlight on this as soon as he noticed that something was definitely wrong. All it takes is for someone to speak up. 

Credit to Stah for addressing this issue professionally. Users in the past have had controversial statements about xat's functionality on the forum (in particularly the support system) but their threads were deleted to prevent negative attention/drama.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I'm surprised the xat community has strong positions on this change. I've never seen the forum at this level of mutuality before. Such a beautiful thing to see.

I think I fulfilled my 16 daily likes for once thanks to this. Thanks Stah!!!!

• Advanced Members

As someone who was able to only BARLEY afford 500 xats for over 7 years until recently, this really disappoints me. There are users who can't barley afford even 200 xats. So now they're punishing users who are unable to afford a lot of xats? For some people 1 power such as animate or zoom may mean the world to them and if they ever want to recover their account they can't? But how is this fair? 

I'd get if they are trying to limit the tickets and what not because of overwhelming tickets but the number of users is going DOWN the number of tickets being submitted is going DOWN, they're making MORE vols so having overwhelming number of tickets is not a logical excuse, and account recovery isn't an issue that requires much work. This just seems like an attempt to have less work for vol. And that's just laziness. And the place xat is in now, there is no room for laziness. 

I would really love to see  a volunteer comment on this and explain the thought process behind this because the community is just disappointed. 

A PAID user should have a right to receive help, regardless of having any amount of xats. 

• Award 2

• Members

Some aspects I can agree on, for example sure, denying someone with an id that is clearly worth more than 1,000xats is unreasonable (for obvious reasons). But I'm ok with denying users if their account isn't worth anything, everyone is speaking as if they can't just make a new one, it literally takes minutes and being sentimental over a 'personal id' is just dumb, xat is a business not a friendship group, understand that.

You are accountable for your other accounts, bare that in mind. Easiest solution is just don't lose your account? (Some may argue that there may perhaps be other variables that you can't control, but that isn't a problem for xat the company itself, it's literally in the terms and safety which you agree to when you register).

Seems like the general consensus are the same, so hopefully this post might be worth something. I'm not saying that all users should be disregarding for not having 1,000xats, but it's all down to circumstances, right? Change things up, sure. But the idea of being paid to use a service, such as tickets is reasonable.

/throwaway account

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Mom said:

Some aspects I can agree on, for example sure, denying someone with an id that is clearly worth more than 1,000xats is unreasonable (for obvious reasons). But I'm ok with denying users if their account isn't worth anything, everyone is speaking as if they can't just make a new one, it literally takes minutes and being sentimental over a 'personal id' is just dumb, xat is a business not a friendship group, understand that.

You are accountable for your other accounts, bare that in mind. Easiest solution is just don't lose your account? (Some may argue that there may perhaps be other variables that you can't control, but that isn't a problem for xat the company itself, it's literally in the terms and safety which you agree to when you register).

Seems like the general consensus are the same, so hopefully this post might be worth something. I'm not saying that all users should be disregarding for not having 1,000xats, but it's all down to circumstances, right? Change things up, sure. But the idea of being paid to use a service, such as tickets is reasonable.

/throwaway account

Exactly, they are a business, and a business should provide help for EVERYONE not for certain customers. That's not how a business runs 

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, Mom said:

But the idea of being paid to use a service, such as tickets is reasonable.

/throwaway account

Paying for customer support is not reasonable at all. Can you tell me why you think that is reasonable? 

The customer should never have to pay to receive support. A company wants customers, forcing them to pay to continue to use your service, if something goes wrong, isn't a good idea at all. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

10 minutes ago, Mom said:

/throwaway account

Sorry but I am sentimental.  If I was told I could not recover an ID number that meant alot to me, then I would blow a gasket.

Who is to say what is worth it and what is not.  A paid user should get help regardless.  

• Members
2 minutes ago, Christina said:

Sorry but I am sentimental.  If I was told I could not recover an ID number that meant alot to me, then I would blow a gasket.

Who is to say what is worth it and what is not.  A paid user should get help regardless.  

It's nice to hear you are sentimental. But does that mean xat has to be too? No. Does that mean others are as sentimental as yourself? No.

3 minutes ago, Karl said:

Paying for customer support is not reasonable at all. Can you tell me why you think that is reasonable? 

The customer should never have to pay to receive support. A company wants customers, forcing them to pay to continue to use your service, if something goes wrong, isn't a good idea at all. 

For some departments, sure they can be free; but for this circumstance in particular, no.

I think most people underestimate the difficulty of solving a case of lost access, it's not just 'a few basic' questions, it takes a lot of time and effort; resources that xat probably lacks (criticism for xat but for another thread).

Not only that, but we're talking about accounts worth nothing, why waste all the time and resources that xat clearly lacks on something worthless based on sentimental values only.

In my post prior to this, I clearly said that changing 1,000xats is fine but when we're discussing accounts with zero value (ids excluded of course), there's no point.

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Mom said:

For some departments, sure they can be free; but for this circumstance in particular, no.

I think most people underestimate the difficulty of solving a case of lost access, it's not just 'a few basic' questions, it takes a lot of time and effort; resources that xat probably lacks (criticism for xat but for another thread).

Not only that, but we're talking about accounts worth nothing, why waste all the time and resources that xat clearly lacks on something worthless based on sentimental values only.

In my post prior to this, I clearly said that changing 1,000xats is fine but when we're discussing accounts with zero value (ids excluded of course), there's no point.

You should not have to pay to receive access to YOUR account. There is absolutely no way that you can justify forcing people to pay to have their account. Like I said previously, allocate your resources better. The customer should not have to pay to have their own account. You fail to understand what an account can hold. It could have 0 xats in value, but it could be married/bff'd, you could have gifts from years ago from people you don't speak to anymore or that don't use xat. It's not as simple as "oh your account has no powers/xats therefore you're less important than someone who has 1000 xats". Everyone is equal. 

I don't care if it takes volunteers extra effort, they're there to help people. Not complain that it takes 4 extra steps to give someone THEIR account. If they don't like it, don't do it. Simple.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

And its also nice to know that IF I paid for xats at some point on an account and may now have 0, then I am protected  and will obtain assistance.

Its nice to see someone with a "volunteer" mentality using a new acct to answer, as well.  

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
14 minutes ago, Mom said:

/throwaway account

Just to mention, IDs aren't considered in account value, so if you spent all your xats on an ID and have none left, would you be fine with losing it due to it being undervalued? You make no good points from a customers approach. You are only speaking from a business (admins) perspective. 

Please bare in mind that nobody is going to remember every single detail years down the line. "just don't lose your account" is an unfeasible and unrealistic proposal. Not everyone can remember everything. You also have to consider circumstances. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
23 minutes ago, Mom said:

Total nonsense.

How can you in any way, shape or form say that it's reasonable to deny someone access to their account because they don't have a combined value of 1,000 xats? Being sentimental over something you've had for years is definitely anything but dumb. Correct, xat is a business so it should act like one and provide support for regaining access to accounts for all users, not for ones with a set in stone value of items in their account.

Just now, Mom said:

It's nice to hear you are sentimental. But does that mean xat has to be too? No. Does that mean others are as sentimental as yourself? No.

I'm sure it would be a total different story if you lost your accounts because of this, and in that your original ID, your friends list, your chat ranks and as XeR said your total identity. It's totally irrelevant to say "you can just make a new account". I think the real question is, can your non-caring attitude be applied to everyone else? You want to tell Christina that her and few others care about their IDs then try shove everyone else in the "i don't care" boat and that's the total opposite of reality.

Sorry, "Mom", clearly you are an expert in "solving the mystery of lost access". You're right that it takes more time than usual, but the volunteers in that department do their job and they do it up to very good standard.  Phishers are far more obvious than they'd like to believe they are.

Why waste "all" time and resources? "All" of the time and resources are not being "wasted", there are volunteers assigned to that department and that's what they are there for, and that's what they are doing.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Christina said:

Its nice to see someone with a "volunteer" mentality using a new acct to answer, as well.  

Yeah I agree, that's suspect as hell. lmao

• Award 2

• Members

Lots to talk about, I'll leave this post reserved and I will edit in my response.

Looks like I'll reply tomorrow, it's late here and I want to watch game of thrones tonight so, have fun.