New Lost Access "Policy"

Daniel

• Advanced Members

I am not saying it is right.  I am saying it is what is supposed to be done in some, but not all, cases.

So they create a ticket system for essentially PAID users only and then begin charging for help.

Its to help cover costs and time.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

It is unfair to pay 1000 xats just to gain access to the account, maybe someone is poor in xat and he / she doesn't have any xats and after what they will do...

This was just my opinion.

Many people can't even buy nameglow or something, but i don't accept this plus i don't know who came up with this decision hopefully they will change.

• Advanced Members

They have plenty of volunteers.

Here is my guess..but I could be wrong.

My guess is they are trying to help alleviate "another issue" that I can not post to give others the idea or put older accounts in danger.

This then created the botched error 55.  To help rectify that situation, this 1 was created.

They just need to realize this solution is unfair and come up with another.

All people should have access to their account if it is theirs, everyone should have equal treatment

This is terrible treatment from the volunteer, and I expect better from whoever write that response.

You are a volunteer because you want to help contribute for the help of other people and admins think you are qualified, I see none of that in this.

• Advanced Members

I wouldn't personally find it to be an issue myself if I had no access to an account that is virtually valueless. However, I could imagine that other people would find it annoying, and the fact that accounts with ID's worth a lot can't be recovered is stupid.  It's not like thousands of people are making tickets asking to recover lost accounts every day, so I don't really see why the restriction is there in the first place. This ticket literally says "We apologize for the inconvenience", so they obviously know it's something that shouldn't be happening but they're too lazy to fix it.

• Award 3

1 minute ago, Flake said:

I wouldn't personally find it to be an issue myself if I had no access to an account that is virtually valueless. However, I could imagine that other people would find it annoying, and the fact that accounts with ID's worth a lot can't be recovered is stupid.  It's not like hundreds of people are making tickets asking to recover lost accounts every day, so I don't really see why the restriction is there in the first place. This ticket literally says "We apologize for the inconvenience", so they obviously know it's something that shouldn't be happening but they're too lazy to fix it.

I think any account has value in a person. What if you have friends on that account that you talk to and you lose their ID in the friends list or you must explain that you moved account, maybe they wont believe you. Yes, I do agree, the restriction is placed without reason and should be removed immediately .

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Flake said:

I wouldn't personally find it to be an issue myself if I had no access to an account that is virtually valueless. However, I could imagine that other people would find it annoying, and the fact that accounts with ID's worth a lot can't be recovered is stupid.  It's not like thousands of people are making tickets asking to recover lost accounts every day, so I don't really see why the restriction is there in the first place. This ticket literally says "We apologize for the inconvenience", so they obviously know it's something that shouldn't be happening but they're too lazy to fix it.

Not to mention, a lot of xat's population only has a handful of powers (or none) with almost no value but they like their account and don't want any more. They use it as a chatting site. Some of them may be some of the most active people on this site, and they would still be denied assistance because xat doesn't value them enough because they haven't given them money. At least, that is how it would look from their perspective when they were told they weren't worth the volunteers' time.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Franklin said:

I think any account has value in a person. What if you have friends on that account that you talk to and you lose their ID in the friends list or you must explain that you moved account, maybe they wont believe you. Yes, I do agree, the restriction is placed without reason and should be removed immediately .

Indeed, but some people, including myself, would not mind losing an account entirely worthless. But if someone cares enough to make a ticket about it something should obviously be done.

• Advanced Members

Your account is your identity.
It is ranked on chats you go, it is tied to the regname people knows, it keeps your friends in its friend list.
Even if you don't have powers on it, it's a great part of you on xat.

I own two accounts that I never use. No shortname, no powers, no xats, no days.
I recently moved, and required an ISP update.
With the new policy, I would have lost them.
They are 5-digits and are worth much more than 1k xats.
That doesn't make any sense!

Nobody cares. Let's sumarize the information we have instead:

• People can create tickets to recover their account
  • They can even if they are not paid user
  • The account will not be recovered if it is considered worthless
  • The volunteer crew was (is?) running low.
  • Three volunteers have been recruited recently.

I went to the General Support section

• Number of questions in June: 15 + 3 + 6 (as of 06-26, so not a full month)
  • Number of questions in May: 41 + 3 + 7
  • Number of questions in April: 20 + 1 + 9
  • Number of questions in March: 18 + 2 + 4

Let's assume tickets number and support posts are proportional.
June is similar to April and March. So tickets number is probably "average", with 3 more volunteers.

Official twitter mentions the following:
0bdf55956edb479eb3f1d9a36bc56530.png
(Image courtesy of SlOom)

My opinion:
The tweet looks like a ban wave gone wrong.
The new ticket policy may have been made to deny those targeted by this ban wave from getting access to their account.
What would motivate a ban wave? Lots of phishing? Virus targetting xat?
We saw that it is likely that the number of tickets is average, so probably not.
Honnestly, I don't have the slightest idea. Maybe someone will manage to connect the dots by reading my message?
An official statment from @Admin would be nice... (I can dream, Harold!)

PS: This post took a while to write, that's why some part of it have already been said in previous posts.

• Award 4

Just now, Crow said:

These people aren't idiots. The policy must be there for a reason.

Having said that, I'd be heartbroken if I lost access to my original ID. :( It's the sentimental value more than anything...

I do not know everything going on, but Flake says because they are lazy and i can believe him

You will not lose access Crow, your IDs all have shortnames so you are fine

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, Flake said:

I agree with you, well almost everyone are lazy to do their job or something.. but they must do it.

• Contributors

Isn't enough that I created an account because I want to support xat?

A register identifies every single user here and xat should understand that registering ID's is the main reason why people should get free support if they lose access to their accounts, because we are showing our support to the website by joinning it as registered users.

I can't wait to see users on help ranting about how they lose access to their accounts and they can't get them back because they don't have money to afford xats/days/powers.

Admins really need to reconsider it and see how unfair it is.

45 minutes ago, Steven said:

Denying people service because they haven't paid "enough," in your eyes, is not only unfair, but also insulting to the users who are being denied support. Not everyone can, or is willing to spend money on xat, and not everyone uses xat to profit/get xats. They're still users on your website, they shouldn't be denied assistance.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
22 minutes ago, Crow said:

These people aren't idiots. The policy must be there for a reason.

Having said that, I'd be heartbroken if I lost access to my original ID. :( It's the sentimental value more than anything...

That's the whole point of this thread. Of course there is a reason, but there is no rationale as to why this would have to be implemented. I've considered a lot of factors and I still can't fathom. This is why I personally believe that this decision was financially motivated for the most part. It also speaks volumes that no one on this thread has had any conflicting views to this change yet.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I believe seriously that there should not be asking for anything in exchange rules to follow to assist so that the problem is that risolva.spero administrator read everything that you mentioned!

• Volunteers

Most people on this thread have already voiced my opinion. However, this is just utterly ridiculous. This is like saying I trade a bunch of powers worth over 1000 xats to someone or I buy someone a short name and they'd be able to get this help without even having to be a paid user. What about the people who are paid users yet used all their xats/days on promoting a chat or sending hugs in main etc??? This just seems pretty silly. 

• Award 4