Contributor Monthly Log - December 2019

David

• Advanced Members

ContrMonthlyLog.png.c824db8656aee927181e191e8cf9a17f.png

At the beginning of a new month, someone from the Contributor group will post a topic providing a summary for discussions that were discussed in the Contributor section during the previous month. This is to allow the community to be more informed and have a better understanding of the Contributor group. If you have any concerns or suggestions that you would like to be brought to the attention of the Contributor group, message any of the Contributors.

You can see our previous logs here.

Concluded Discussions

These topics are concluded and are no longer being discussed. If you have any concerns about the conclusion of these topics, feel free to send a message and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Rules for Tribute Chats

Spoiler

A set of rules has now been created for Unofficial / Tribute Chats at xat.wiki/chats. These rules provide clarity for main owners, and should be followed for those chats to remain on the wiki page. If you have any suggestions or modifications for these rules, please let us know below.

Ongoing Discussions

These topics are currently ongoing. If you would like to offer feedback and/or suggestions, feel free to send me a message, and I'd be happy to convey it to the rest of the group. You can also post a comment if you would like to offer feedback and/or suggestions.

Re-opening Ajutor Chat

Spoiler

Ajutor is the official help chat in the Romanian language, and is currently being directed to Assistance chat. Discussions are taking place about a possible re-opening of Ajutor and its management.

International Forums

Spoiler

Currently, English is the only language allowed on the forum unless a specific topic or subforum authorizes the use of a different language (e.g. Soporte en Español / Suporte em Português). A member of the group has suggested that xat opens up topics or subforums to different languages that have a high volume of users, e.g. Spanish, Portuguese. This would ideally open up the community to more users. However, a negative argument is that we already have forum clubs for this purpose. The discussion is currently ongoing.

New Image Providers

Spoiler

With Tinypic officially ceasing operations, a discussion was raised about allowing new image providers on xat. These image providers would have to be reliable and ideally available in all countries.

Flirt Chat

Spoiler

The discussion about building a custom bot to add to Flirt chat is still ongoing. This is to help stop raid bots on the chat.

Spam Limit

Spoiler

The discussion about potentially updating the spam limit system on chats is still ongoing, and there are no new developments this month.

• Done! 5

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, David said:

Re-opening Ajutor Chat

Hide contents

Ajutor is the official help chat in the Romanian language, and is currently being directed to Assistance chat. Discussions are taking place about a possible re-opening of Ajutor and its management.

This seems like a bad idea. If it was redirected to Assistance in the first place it was because it was inactive. Is the Romanian community going to Ajutor to help? and not killing it once again? If they can prove so, fine by me.

• Like 2

• Angelo pinned this topic
  • Advanced Members
On 1/2/2020 at 2:26 AM, Leandro said:

This seems like a bad idea. If it was redirected to Assistance in the first place it was because it was inactive. Is the Romanian community going to Ajutor to help? and not killing it once again? If they can prove so, fine by me.

I agree.

• Advanced Members

Exactly Leandro the Ajutor chat has been redirected cause the xat staff and volunteers estimed the chat was very inactive so they redirect it to Assistance chat.

Edited by Gokuh
  • Award 1
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Math said:

Firt chat, need a main owner or no? and also bau with main owner ajutor's chat

Hello @Math.

Flirt has never had a main owner, the goal of the chat is for everyone to be free to express themselves without any moderation so no staff is needed.

With respect to xat Ajutor, this topic is currently under discussion. The chat was considered inactive, however, there is still a large part of the Romanian community in xat and lately most have had problems. Although the chat is redirected to Assistance, users frequent xat Help.

• Members
Just now, Abrahan said:

Hello @Math.

Flirt has never had a main owner, the goal of the chat is for everyone to be free to express themselves without any moderation so no staff is needed.

With respect to xat Ajutor, this topic is currently under discussion. The chat was considered inactive, however, there is still a large part of the Romanian community in xat and lately most have had problems. Although the chat is redirected to Assistance, users frequent xat Help.

Oh, hello @Abrahan Yes i agree with you.... you right.

• Advanced Members

The Ajutor room should remain a special romanian help  room for the Romanian people. Ajutor room for romanian needs to be activated for romanian people also needs to be removed redirect on the ajutor room. Redirecting the Ajutor help room to an already inactive help room is nonsense. Bau is always the main owner there and the Bau will stay there main owner.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that if it was decided that xat Ajutor should be reopened, there is a good reason. Certainly the xat staff has received numerous feedbacks to decide to reopen a chat (it is always a support chat) for numerous people who do not have the opportunity to speak (or do not know) English for help. I believe that xat needs the reopening of Ajutor, also to widen the active user base of the site, rather than isolating itself in a few support chats that may not be enough. This is just my opinion.

• Advanced Members

Hello
- Thank you David for your contribution, for this important information distributed with us.
- Thank you Leandro your honest opinion, I think you are a good person, although we did not start with the right foot.
- Thank you MAtthew for agreeing with your friend Leandro.
- Thank you Math for all the beautiful words, you are right and I think so.
- Thank you Gokuh.
- Thank you Abrahan.
- Thank you Duygu for all the beautiful words, you are right and I think so but I can't do anything in this case, Admin, Volunteers have the final decision.
- Thank you Vevrok.
- Thank you allserp243 for the comment, your support.
- Thank you AlexiusZeta for your support, xatAJUTOR has been reopened, but only as a manager is Volunteers. [Now we will work together ].(cute)

Thank you all for this great support (applause)(hug)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Hello Bau, (hug) Hello Ajutor familiy, (hug) I will always be with Raven, Aura.Aero, Mihai.Danny and other members of the Ajutor family, especially Bau. I will continue to support the Ajutor family. I am happy to be with Ajutor family. The Ajutor family was a beautiful whole with all its members. Volunters became a part of this beautiful whole 

Edited by DUYGU

• Crow unpinned this topic