Nameglow Gradient (Glowgrad)

Flake

• Advanced Members

Obviously statusgrad has been suggested before, but an unobvious one that I don't think has been suggested before, (I'm very sorry if I'm wrong), is Nameglow Gradient, or glowgrad. This power would allow you to add a gradient to your nameglow. 

Preview of what it would look like (The glow is TONED DOWN - It is intended that glowgrad is toned down):

Photoshop_2016-03-06_13-15-38.png.f2600b

In my opinion, a potential disadvantage is that nameglow and namegrad activated together may be very distracting. To solve this, it could be that namegrad cannot be used when glowgrad is in use (namecolor could still be used). This is similar to how with namegrad, only one colour for the nameglow can be used.

In order to use namegrad, it should only be required that you have nameglow.

Also, I think the pricing on the power should be around 1,000 xats (not epic).

I'd like to see your ideas on the suggestion, and the possible advantages and disadvantages if the power were to be created. 

Thanks for your help!

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Sifu said:

Nameglow is let itself an own power alone. What would glowgrad require?

OK I UNDERSTAND WHAT U MEAN NOW

Glowgrad would only require nameglow. I'll add that to original post.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Sifu said:

Nameglow is let itself an own power alone. What would glowgrad require?

Yes I agree..... Maybe it would require NAMEGLOW lol

The concept is cool, but I feel like having totally vile nameglow gradients as well as namegrad gradients will destroy my eyes...

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Karl said:

Yes I agree.....

The concept is cool, but I feel like having totally vile nameglow gradients as well as namegrad gradients will destroy my eyes...

Please read the original post.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Stah said:

If they were planning on doing glowgrad they would have done it, so although Guppy's visualisation looks good, they probably won't do it.

If your logic is that "Since nameglow was released before namecolor previously, glowgrad won't release after namegrad", I actually disagree. To me it seems like namegrad released first since it is simply the more 'obvious' option, similarly to how nameglow at the time was the most obvious option.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Flake said:

If your logic is that "Since nameglow was released before namecolor previously, glowgrad won't release after namegrad", I actually disagree. To me it seems like namegrad released first since it is simply the more 'obvious' option, similarly to how nameglow at the time was the most obvious option.

So we agree that Namecolor was obvious option to be chosen for the gradient effect. Now let's go into why. You see barely anything with a gradient Nameglow, there's absolutely no 'substance' to it at all, it would all look like a jumbled mess (hence Guppy toning it down). Now, on top of that, more users actually use Namecolor and if the gradient was released for Nameglow at first, it would be completely drowned out by the Namecolor.

Now why won't they introduce it after? Well, maybe it would be a good idea to combine the two? Nope. Going back to what I previously said, it'd be completely drowned out. And if you think xat would "tone" nameglow down to make a gradient work, then...

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, BeaterUser said:

In my opinion, namegrad is enough. But I like the way you elaborated your idea.

More is better, my friend. If you cannot use glowgrad and namegrad at the same time, I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented.

Just now, xatAzure said:

I feel like it COULD look nice if implemented nicely. i dont really like your example, i feel like if that many colors were allowed, it would be slightly annoying.

There are obviously far more combinations that just a black inner and rainbow outer (in my opinion, one of the more meh combinations). But even then, I think it looks nice.

Well, the preview doesn't look to annoying to me. The preview uses literally every colour (probably the most annoying combination to have), and to me it doesn't look annoying at all. I'm pretty sure it'd be 100x less annoying than having every single colour put on a namegrad.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
Just now, Karl said:

It's totally possible, he's referring to it not being possible with namegrad...

Could it still work with namecolor? I wouldn't want namegrad to work with glowgrad anyway, as I said in my original post.

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Flake said:

Could it still work with namecolor? I wouldn't want namegrad to work with glowgrad anyway, as I said in my original post.

Of course. Theres nothing stopping it working, with or without namecolor.

• Advanced Members
29 minutes ago, Stah said:

So we agree that Namecolor was obvious option to be chosen for the gradient effect. Now let's go into why. You see barely anything with a gradient Nameglow, there's absolutely no 'substance' to it at all, it would all look like a jumbled mess (hence Guppy toning it down). Now, on top of that, more users actually use Namecolor and if the gradient was released for Nameglow at first, it would be completely drowned out by the Namecolor.

Now why won't they introduce it after? Well, maybe it would be a good idea to combine the two? Nope. Going back to what I previously said, it'd be completely drowned out. And if you think xat would "tone" nameglow down to make a gradient work, then...

"You see barely anything with a gradient Nameglow" 

I'm assuming you mean it's hard to see a gradient being used in the nameglow? Look at the preview. So long as colours were used in relatively different shades or different colours were used, it would be perfectly fine.

"there's absolutely no 'substance' to it at all"

Again, there would be if colours were used in relatively different shades or different colours were used - you can't really tell unless you've actually seen the power and what combinations it can have.

" it would all look like a jumbled mess (hence Guppy toning it down)"

And some of the namegrads currently used AREN'T a jumbled mess? Also, if it was toned down (which I would want), it wouldn't be a jumbled mess -- for virtually any possible combinations.

"Now, on top of that, more users actually use Namecolor and if the gradient was released for Nameglow at first, it would be completely drowned out by the Namecolor."

This is why it comes with a low price, so users that cannot afford namegrad can buy glowgrad. Even then, I'm sure many users, including myself, would want to use namecolor with glowgrad.

"And if you think xat would "tone" nameglow down to make a gradient work, then..."

Can it not be that nameglow remains the same, but glowgrad is toned down?

• Award 1