Temp time power

Defiance

• Advanced Members

Hey people of the xat forum.

I came up with this idea that when a user is temp modded on a chat, temp ownered, temp membered, etc it doesn't show them how much time is left on their power right? For example it will say like you do !temptime in the chat and a default message like a help message will say You are temp for (how much time is left on your bid as temp) and then you can make it say Temporary Moderator when people click on your name if you have this power.

• Advanced Members

Meh... first off, ! is how you use bot commands.

Second of all, it's very easy to find out how long someone has left on a temp, just look at the events page and see when the temp started, how long they're temp for and figure out how many hour's its been.

I rather xat focus on other more important things. Maybe bot companies could implement something. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Shhh. You'll attract Brandon and he'll say the thing.

2 hours ago, Stah said:

This information can already be found via Events as Harrison said, so this power would just be invalidated by another.

3 hours ago, Harrison said:

Meh... first off, ! is how you use bot commands.

Second of all, it's very easy to find out how long someone has left on a temp, just look at the events page and see when the temp started, how long they're temp for and figure out how many hour's its been.

I rather xat focus on other more important things. Maybe bot companies could implement something. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Events is confusing (especially with eventstats or whatever that other power is that makes it 10x more confusing)

I agree with @Stah and @Harrison, that as a power it would invalidate events, and that it would be cool if the bot companies would incorporate this idea, because  it would be useful in my opinion. If anything, this would make a nice xat feature, but not a power.

However, it would be nice to see some improvements to temp-ranks in general. For example, temp ranks to reflect gcontrol, or have gcontrol options for temps, so that temp-owners aren't restricted to 24 hour bans. Also, temp is automatically removed if the user is gamebanned, it would be nice to see that as an option on gcontrol, or stopped all together, because 99% of people play gamebans for fun - they're not used as a 'punishment'. 

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Paul said:

I still think we need a timer, I know its in events but this would help people are are in different time zones

Just google "time in GMT" and use that. For example, I tempted someone on Trade at GMT 00:18 last night for 4 hours. I googled "time in GMT" and saw it was about 03:18, so I knew he had an hour left.

• Advanced Members
30 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Just google "time in GMT" and use that. For example, I tempted someone on Trade at GMT 00:18 last night for 4 hours. I googled "time in GMT" and saw it was about 03:18, so I knew he had an hour left.

well that depends tbh, when we change time zone, this could get people confused by an hour, I know an hour isn't much but still, I think we need a countdown somewhere along the lines

• Award 1

• 3 years later...
  • Advanced Members

I agree with what Ryan has said about Events power, it may be a bit confusing. And I don't think this power would invalidate Events or make it useless at all, Events allows you to see all kind of actions, not only who has a temporary rank.

I like the idea of letting people know how many hours they have until their temporary rank is over, and I specially like the idea of letting people know who has a temporary rank on a chat without the need of using Events power to do so. Clicking on someone's name and seeing something like "On xat Temporary Moderator" would be pretty cool, in my opinion.

I think this could be a group power that would need to be assigned to allow temporary ranks know how many hours they have until their temporary rank is over and also would let people know who has a temporary rank just by clicking on their name. However, this could also be added as a free feature on HTML5.

• Volunteers

Not every user has (events) power.

This should be a quality-of-life addition to the tempmem, tempmod and tempowner powers themselves. Even if the information is only visible to moderators+, it would help staff manage the chat easier.

Also, it's annoying having to open a page and probably get the "You must log in to view events" message just to view something that can be shown in the chat.