xLaming

Suggestion for bot providers

Hello,

I'm again just to suggest something too easy, but it should be taken by ALL BOT PROVIDERS to work correctly (not one or two),

Well, my suggestion is that your guys add on bots to "AUTO DETECT OPTOUT" and automatically disable userinfo, value, user cache etc...

Let's imagine:

1. User 123 want to disable his userinfo
  2. User 123 go to any bot provider and use output command

Ok, is that all User 123 may do? Nope, he should go to all bot providers' chat in order use optout command (again, again and again...)

Why dont your guys do something to "detect a "word", "phrase", "keyword" or whatever. (UNIVERSAL I mean)

E.g: I add "#OPTOUT" to my homepage, and any bot provider will automatically make all the job removing me from lists.

If this is so hard, or you just don't want, why don't your guys use a "UNIQUE COMMAND" instead of different commands in each bot provider, this is so confuse to explain in help chats to users.

@Actavus @FEXBots @Jedi @LP89 @Mobster @Nathan

(don't get mad that i'm mentioning you, it's just to get attention, and this post is not for blaming or whatever, just to get opinions from users)

• Award 1
  • Like 5

Hello
I understand what you mean, but if a person wants to be deactivated only from FEXbots and wants to be optout enabled in ARCbot´s. [that´s bad]

I think it might be a good idea. [Only if there is something where we make a choice]
EX:! Optout userinfo  On/Off [all]

It should be an option of choice, not an obligation, just as I mentioned above.

8 minutes ago, Bau said:

Hello
I understand what you mean, but if a person wants to be deactivated only from FEXbots and wants to be optout enabled in ARCbot´s. [that´s bad]

I think it might be a good idea. [Only if there is something where we make a choice]
EX:! Optout userinfo  On/Off [all]

It should be an option of choice, not an obligation, just as I mentioned above.

Basically when someone wants to be opted out, they will always want to be opted out from all lol,

Anyway if this became an issue we can have the second way I have said, simply adding it as a universal command, not different commands in each providers.

You said about "all" one bot provider can not handle other bot providers, so this will never happen lol (yet I like your idea)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Hello @xLaming,

A shared optout api was brought to the table back in september 2016. For a reason I don't remember, we didn't code it.

Yeah,

Not even hard work is needed, just all providers using same command/syntax would help a lot when telling users "go all bot providers' chat and use command !optout" better than explaining "go there and use this, on this other u should use this one, etc etc"

This would make bots more "user-friendly"

Edited by xLaming

19 hours ago, Jedi said:

Hello @xLaming,

A shared optout api was brought to the table back in september 2016. For a reason I don't remember, we didn't code it.

If I recall the general consensus was there was fear of abuse.

A single bot provider could get hacked, then the rouge hacker could start opting-out or opting-in as many people as they want (Across ALL bot providers).

If those results came directly from xat's API instead - No risk of bad bot provider or hacker.

• Thanks 1