StatusHide New Power suggestion

Imr

• Members

Hello,

I was early at a friends chatroom and she had to disabled her status because some people were asking so many questions about it,

So I thought, what if we had a new power called STATUSHIDE.

The main thing this power will add is the option to hide your status from other users, so you all might be thinking "whats the propurse of hiding a status if you have them to show to all your friends whatever is on your mind" 

Well yeah that's a good point, but what if we could just show to the one's we have added as a friend and for those who are not on your friendlist, they would not be able to see what's on your status.

The following images is to show an example of how the pawn would look if it was a power.

1-

eZ5dlRm.jpg

2-

estDIpc.jpg

3-

VOBBAJ1.jpg

The following images will be how it would look if it was a power.

Fsqj5Fz.jpgv7w9iir.jpg

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT. 

BEST REGARDS

• Huh? 1
  • Like 5

• Members

I understand what you want to prefer, however if the other person does not have added friend and is not in the same chat can not see their status. If you are online in the same room and have the power status activated. Everyone can see their status, if you want anyone to see your status you can deactivate it and that's it.

Edited by Templario

• Advanced Members

You can simply delete your status message if someone starts bothering you about it. However, this is an interesting suggestion, selecting a group of people(in this case, people you have added to your friends list) to be able to see your status message doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Anyway, that doesn't mean that your friends wouldn't bother you because of your status message. Furthermore, imagine if someone has something inappropriate as status message while visiting an official chat, moderators wouldn't be able to take actions about it unless they're friends of the person who has it.

Like I said, I don't think this is a bad idea, but there are factors that should be taken into account.

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Bot Service Providers
1 hour ago, Solange said:

You can simply delete your status message if someone starts bothering you about it. However, this is an interesting suggestion, selecting a group of people(in this case, people you have added to your friends list) to be able to see your status message doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Anyway, that doesn't mean that your friends wouldn't bother you because of your status message. Furthermore, imagine if someone has something inappropriate as status message while visiting an official chat, moderators wouldn't be able to take actions about it unless they're friends of the person who has it.

Like I said, I don't think this is a bad idea, but there are factors that should be taken into account.

Or just disable power status, you wont lose your custom status,

I dont think inapp status would be an issue if no1 can see it lol

But it would cause confusion between users.

Edited by xLaming

• Members
On 12/1/2019 at 4:54 PM, Solange said:

Well adding to what you said, but then whoever has higher rank than members can easily see their status.

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

I think this is a good idea with a good solution for inappropriate messages. Moderators, Owners, and Main Owners would override this, similar to the ignore feature and similar to NoPC/NoPM being disregarded. I would like to see this implemented since it has been a while since we've had a function power. 

• Advanced Members

I think it will be usefull if xat can make statushide like you suggested cause i think users won't others see them status and allow only their friends to see it so i am agreed it. 

Edited by Gokuh

• Members

Hi!

I was reading all the comments and I realized that many agree, however my opinion is very different from everyone, first I will ask you something.

What need is there to hide the status?

In my opinion it is not necessary, because it is a power that complements your nickname to get more attention from many, usually it is with a phrase or some drawing.

I think that if it is to hide the serious state to hide links which are not allowed by xat, I mean illegal platforms, because I don't see any other meaning to hide something.

It's like when you have a crime you need something to hide it and that nobody knows who you are, but if 10 people know it is enough for everyone to know without having to hide it.

I am not saying that it is not taken into account, but it is my point of view.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
17 hours ago, Attack said:

What need is there to hide the status?

In my opinion it is not necessary, because it is a power that complements your nickname to get more attention from many, usually it is with a phrase or some drawing.

I think that if it is to hide the serious state to hide links which are not allowed by xat, I mean illegal platforms, because I don't see any other meaning to hide something.

It's like when you have a crime you need something to hide it and that nobody knows who you are, but if 10 people know it is enough for everyone to know without having to hide it.

I am not saying that it is not taken into account, but it is my point of view.

I disagree

It can be used to use private status.
With this power or a free option you hide status from people, and you want to see only people you trust, for example, friends from the list of friends.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why hide a status from someone?
- A contest that only your friends want to know.
- A link from xat.com, in order not to be considered spam on an official chat, only your friends in the list will see this link {so it is not considered spam).
- I don't think it can be an abuse, because whoever does it can do it on chat main, xatspace and other methods.
- Have the function as power (boot) - For abuse you can lose this power.
And many other things can be added, used to protect against evil.

I support this idea, I think it is a good thing, even though not many will use it, I want it to exist for those who will use it. (rolleyes)
In my opinion, Please don't hate me for that.(a)

• No 1