Changelogs for Chats

Crow

• Advanced Members

I have read the suggestion carefully, this could be very useful. I couldn't understand if only events or a new power were needed, I think this feature should be added to events.

Among the negative aspects, I don't think that many people have the interest of sharing their radio IP with someone they don't trust, nor do they want people to be able to make an exact plagiarism of their chat with the Changelogs. Therefore, if a password will be necessary to view this type of records or set the minimum range to view them.

But this has more positive things that help the Main Owners know who made some changes, it would be nice to add that person re-established the chat (when the chat is automatically restored the person who did it becomes in Main Owner) registering their ID / NAME.

Congratulations to @Vevrok for having this good idea for xat, you have my support.

• Volunteers
22 minutes ago, Abrahan said:

I have read the suggestion carefully, this could be very useful. I couldn't understand if only events or a new power were needed, I think this feature should be added to events.

With the current idea, a new (Changelog) power will be needed, separate to Events.

Interesting idea to add this feature to Events though!

• Bot Service Providers

I support this idea,

I think this is not really hard to make, and I dont see any negative points, why?

1. Just because it will have one more password wont cause confusion lol, actually you already have 2 passwords (your account / your chat), you will just have +1 on this list.

2/. This isnt really an issue since who created the chat can make their own rules, ppl unhappy with the chat staff can just get out.

3. Replying...

1 hour ago, Abrahan said:

Among the negative aspects, I don't think that many people have the interest of sharing their radio IP with someone they don't trust, nor do they want people to be able to make an exact plagiarism of their chat with the Changelogs. Therefore, if a password will be necessary to view this type of records or set the minimum range to view them

This isnt really "private" any chat info is fully public https://xatblog.net/api/chatinfo/Mundosmilies

Well, it's also important store in those logs:

1. Mains changing chat password

2. Mains changing/touching on power Manage

3. Login logs (on edit), it's good to make sure someone else logged using other ids, this isnt something just related to logs, its related to the security!

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 4

• Advanced Members

This is a great idea, this would be very useful and appreciated by most main owners. Personally, this would help myself a lot. It'd be better if xat releases it as a free feature, however I'm pretty sure they would want to release it as a power instead. Anyway I'd buy it!

I disagree with including changes such as making/demoting permanent staff or changing scroll messages, it would defeat the purpose of Events power.

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteers
6 hours ago, Solange said:

This is a great idea, this would be very useful and appreciated by most main owners. Personally, this would help myself a lot. It'd be better if xat releases it as a free feature, however I'm pretty sure they would want to release it as a power instead. Anyway I'd buy it!

I disagree with including changes such as making/demoting permanent staff or changing scroll messages, it would defeat the purpose of Events power.

Thank you for your comment!

As a main owner yourself, would you prefer these Changelogs to be password-protected? Or do you think setting the minimum rank is sufficient? Or both?

Also, do you think the inner/outer background URLs should be shown in full, or do you agree a preview image is sufficient for privacy reasons?

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, Crow said:

As a main owner yourself, would you prefer these Changelogs to be password-protected? Or do you think setting the minimum rank is sufficient? Or both?

I guess being able to set a minimum rank would be good enough. There may be arguments against this, I also think staff members might feel that they're not trusted enough by the main owner. However, they don't need access to such information after all, they must respect the decision made by the main owner of the chat. Staff members can always complain if they disagree with a decision made by the main owner, however that shouldn't be a reason for staff members to make complaints.

Changelogs being password-protected would be a good option as well. Trying to remember the password shouldn't be a problem for main owners, I think that's easier than trying to remember all the changes made on the chat. However, if the main owner forgets the password, I suggest using the email associated to the chat group to get it back, just the way you get back the password of the chat when you forget it. You would receive an email from xat with the password to access the Changelogs in case you forget it.

53 minutes ago, Crow said:

Also, do you think the inner/outer background URLs should be shown in full, or do you agree a preview image is sufficient for privacy reasons?

I'd prefer a preview image for privacy reasons. However, I don't mind if URLs are shown in full anyway.

• Award 1

• Moderators

That's an awesome idea. I think that the password protection could be combined with the minimum rank. You would have to be main owner and have the password to see it. An image preview would be the best, with the possibility of clicking on it and open it in full size in a new tab.

• Thanks 1

• Members

So I think it's a very good idea and I also support the implementation of this page "Changelog". Some xat mowners don't have much time to analyze what's happening in their chat, so run this idea will be very welcome... Congratulations on the initiative.

• Thanks 1