Formatting Sucks

Navith

• Advanced Members

When I want to use my signature red color, I have to type out BBcode because the color picker in the editor doesn't let you enter a custom color.

Images can't be embedded by URL.

Images have a size restriction (615px? wtf?)

Underlining uses the wrong color (black).

No option to make links not underlined.

No option to directly edit a post's code.

There are more problems I can't immediately think of.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

My biggest beefs are the Image URL embedding, size restriction. and custom colors.

EDIT: And the signature image size. wtf? 615*150 isn't gonna get anything good...

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, Rant said:

When I want to use my signature red color, I have to type out BBcode because the color picker in the editor doesn't let you enter a custom color.

Images can't be embedded by URL.

Images have a size restriction (615px? wtf?)

Underlining uses the wrong color (black).

No option to make links not underlined.

No option to directly edit a post's code.

There are more problems I can't immediately think of.

-The color picked could be updated, agree.

-See it positive. if they are uploaded on xat, they won't be removed like it is with some image hosts.

-Because big images could be disturbing. Also, when you click on the image, they appear on the size you uploaded it as attachment.

-What color should it use?

-Why would you want to make links not underlined

-A 'quellcode/source' button would be nice, agree

• Advanced Members

Yeah, the formatting isn't the greatest.

I've had issues with getting images to show on my post (I found that drag-and-dropping my image from another window into my post works.. most of the time)

Quoting is quite temperamental, its difficult to move around and delete a quote sometimes..

Of course, Ive used vbulletin forums for over 10 years now, so that does play a part aswell.

4 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

-See it positive. if they are uploaded on xat, they won't be removed like it is with some image hosts.

I trust pretty much any imagehost to host my files better than xat, thank you very much!

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Mr.Guppy said:

The color should be the color you made the text, it's just black.

See?

Yea, seems like an issue.

1 minute ago, TrueRedDevil said:

I trust pretty much any imagehost to host my files better than xat, thank you very much!

The images you put in as attachments on a forum won't be removed, unless the forum closes.

Some imagehosts are just unreliable(imageshack,cubeupload), i give you an example: There was a thread in the old forum, where some guy made pretty nice smilies on a thread, when i checked the smilies like 1 year later, they were all gone. Thats just pity, because they were pretty nice and a good example for the smiley makers.

• Advanced Members

Looks like the first complaint after all. Anyways, you should've known to have expected problems with the text editor. It's a new forum software, after all.

• Advanced Members
  • We're looking into allowing images to be embedded via URL.
  • A lot of thought has gone into the signature restrictions, and unfortunately for some people, the restrictions won't be changed. On our vBulletin forum, people had signatures of obnoxious sizes.
  • If you want the underline color to match the text color, do it in this order: Underline the text, then color it. If you color it and then underline the text, it won't work how you want it to.
  • I'll try to see if a source button can be added to the editor.

• Advanced Members
10 hours ago, Brandon said:
  • We're looking into allowing images to be embedded via URL.
  • A lot of thought has gone into the signature restrictions, and unfortunately for some people, the restrictions won't be changed. On our vBulletin forum, people had signatures of obnoxious sizes.
  • If you want the underline color to match the text color, do it in this order: Underline the text, then color it. If you color it and then underline the text, it won't work how you want it to.
  • I'll try to see if a source button can be added to the editor.

A source button would be cool, I think we need

The old signatures were unpleasant sizes on vBulletin, hopefully with the new forum people can put signature of a good size.