New power suggestion. - Pride power.

Hayley

• Advanced Members

As you all know, it is pride month.

After the horrible massacre in Orlando I think it would be good to honour everyone who lost their friends, loved ones, and lives in the horrible act that took place.

I know that homosexuality is not supported by all which is why I wanted opinions on this.. 

How about a pride power?

Something to do with love is love, like the twitter hashtag.

It would be a smiley power, or a hug power. (Pridehug) or (pride).

I think a cute little pride hug power would be cool. There could be smileys like a pride heart, (rainbow), two girls holding hands, two males holding hands, skeletons kissing (love has no gender), and cool hats like a few rainbow caps or something like that.

Any other suggestions to add to the power suggestion or any input?

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

I always wanted a pride power added. I never understood why it isn't added yet. If someone doesn't agree with the different types of sexualities then just don't buy the power. If they make the power it can show that xat supports the LGBTQ+ community as a memeber of that community, it'd be nice knowing xat supports us. 

I have a few emoticons I'd like to suggest. 

• An emoticon that shows a male and female holding hands that represents a bisexual couple. 
  • Two emoticons that are androgynous that are holding hands. 
  • Add a few flags. The Trans pride flag, asexual flag, pansexual flag. It is a rather big community. 
  • Fireworks that leave the message "love is love"
  • An emoticon head that looks like marsha p Johnson raising the Trans pride flag. (She was one of the first women who started the Trans rights movement) 
  • Or Marsha P Johnson and Sylvia Rivera can be holding hands and behind them the Trans flag and drop. (They both founded the Trans rights group "STAR") 
  • This is an emoticon that can be conversational. An emoticon (male or female) throwing a ring at another emoticon (male or female) and the ring can hit them on the head or whatever.
  • A brick hitting the window of a club. (This represents the iconic moment when a brick was thrown at the stonewall when the police raided it. This sparked the gay rights movement in the United States)

These are just a few suggestions, great power suggestion over all though. 10/10 would buy. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
22 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I always wanted a pride power added. I never understood why it isn't added yet. If someone doesn't agree with the different types of sexualities then just don't buy the power. If they make the power it can show that xat supports the LGBTQ+ community as a memeber of that community, it'd be nice knowing xat supports us. 

I have a few emoticons I'd like to suggest. 

• An emoticon that shows a male and female holding hands that represents a bisexual couple. 
  • Two emoticons that are androgynous that are holding hands. 
  • Add a few flags. The Trans pride flag, asexual flag, pansexual flag. It is a rather big community. 
  • Fireworks that leave the message "love is love"
  • An emoticon head that looks like marsha p Johnson raising the Trans pride flag. (She was one of the first women who started the Trans rights movement) 
  • Or Marsha P Johnson and Sylvia Rivera can be holding hands and behind them the Trans flag and drop. (They both founded the Trans rights group "STAR") 
  • This is an emoticon that can be conversational. An emoticon (male or female) throwing a ring at another emoticon (male or female) and the ring can hit them on the head or whatever.
  • A brick hitting the window of a club. (This represents the iconic moment when a brick was thrown at the stonewall when the police raided it. This sparked the gay rights movement in the United States)

These are just a few suggestions, great power suggestion over all though. 10/10 would buy. 

I think these are excellent ideas. Thanks for the support, this was a well thought out response to my proposal..

Any more opinions?? :)

• Advanced Members
On 6/17/2016 at 0:08 AM, FrozenZuke said:

omg a power for Orlando?

Not exactly for Orlando but the horrific event should be enough to inspire a power to be made.

Again, love is love, notwithstanding gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, etc..

Still think this power would be beneficial to not only the LGBTQ+ community on xat, but also allies and others who support the community.

• Advanced Members

Honestly, no.

As much as I would want xat to make this power and show their support for the LGBTQ+ (who even know if they do support us?) I think it's too controversial to have whole a power made for Pride and essentially a week dedicated to it too, and I think it might cause some problems within some groups in xat. I think it would be best for xat to not "take a side" and remain neutral to some extent.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

I do not think it's too controversial, nor do I think it would be putting xat in a position to be picking a side. I like the idea.

One thing to note though: It shouldn't be based on the tragic Orlando event, because xat would be making money on the power. That's not respectful of the victims. A general pride power would be nice though.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members
43 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I do not think it's too controversial, nor do I think it would be putting xat in a position to be picking a side. I like the idea.

One thing to note though: It shouldn't be based on the tragic Orlando event, because xat would be making money on the power. That's not respectful of the victims. A general pride power would be nice though.

Of course it shouldn't be based off of the event; not what I intended.

I do think the power needs to be made though

• Award 1

• Members

I think it would be unfortunate for Xat to start making controversial and divisive powers like this. Primarily because users with every power are forced to buy them wether they agree or not in order to maintain ruby pawn.

• Award 4

• Volunteers

Love this idea! I agree with everyone else that it shouldn't focus on a specific event.

Few ideas:

2000px-Pride_heart_(vector_format).svg.prainbow_planet_drawing_by_flyingpastakit1213t.png

Even if it doesn't become a power, I think maybe a rainbow cycle could be added into paints power like with the colorback smiley. That way you can use a rainbow back cycle onto your smileys. This would also fit into the power because paints also does incorporate a LGBTQ+ flag. 

HCjybNG.png

@Junior <3 

• Award 3