xat pawn shop

Five

• Advanced Members

(might have been suggested before) there should be a page where you could sell your chat/shortname and the system would buy it for a reasonable amount of xats so that it could be put back for sale. after the system buys the shortname, the account will be deleted and gives you the k2 in case you want to use the id again (or for chats, the chat's email is no longer the chat's email). the reason why i suggested this because i don't like the idea of deleting your shortname and then the user buying the shortname would have to create a ticket to put the shortname up for sale, which wastes time and xats. also, apparently selling your account isn't allowed, so this might be the only legal way to sell your shortname and putting back on sale. this may not work out, but it's a worth of try.

idea needs tweaking, so you're allowed to contribute to this idea.

• Award 2

• Volunteers

I agree with your idea, especially the part about shortnames. They are too difficult to sell, as it stands, and it discourages a lot of people from bothering. In fact, most people can't sell their shortnames even if they wanted to. I think a small amount, even 500 xats, would help a lot of people.

As you say, the legal process for selling shortnames involves TWO payments: one payment to the seller to get the name deleted, and one payment to buy the name in store when released by ticket. 'Dark' and 'Wrath' might be sellable, because they are rare and highly-sought after, but nobody is going to pay two payments for 'xGodly' or 'Messi123', for example. The seller is unlikely to get anything back for those names. I think the pawn store would help people like this (although maybe with a different name, to avoid confusing people).

• Advanced Members

I'm sure if admins wanted people to sell their short names they would have made it a thing already. If they did allow this, it would mean that people would buy lots of short names, namely 4 letter ones and then try sell it for double the price + get some xats back from this pawning system. As Crow said, names like "Dark" could be bought a sold and then short names would just become another means to profit. For that reason I think this wouldn't happen. As for chats I think maybe a transfer ownership feature could be added somewhere.

However a pawn shop isn't a good idea, imo, as xat would just be plain giving out partial refunds for no apparent reason. BUT if we look on the bright side and this did become a thing, then I think that pawning your short name should just give you a temporary name which you can change on the login page OR by buying another short name, rather than deleting your whole account.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Crow said:

I think the pawn store would help people like this (although maybe with a different name, to avoid confusing people).

I would definitely like this as I have many shortnames that maybe I could sell. But yeah as stah said if the admins wanted this thing they could have made it already but I don't think it would happen anytime soon.