VRecord / Most Active

Crow

• Bot Service Providers

Well,

I liike this idea and of course it would be fine to be created,

For now I think only bot developers are up to make something like this (free feature, of course), because this requires storing username/xat ID, and they already have this stored in their database. Also needs this for counting time online, etc other stuff related.

My suggestion related to this is xat creating a API for getting username / xat ID of the user logged in, and we can get this info via JavaScript e.g xat.com/api/getid.php showing {"id":162497,"user":"paulo"} so we can make this in xatRadio for all users for free. All we need is something like this, I personally can make it as the suggestion says.

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 10/5/2019 at 1:04 AM, Crow said:

WHAT'S THE POINT?

Hide contents

From a practical viewpoint, VRecord also allows main owners to keep track of how active their staff are (if they all choose to display themselves). This is a useful alternative to just estimating and checking chat events, or it can be used alongside that too. 

With this, aside from the !mostactive command by the bot, I think there's a way to track also how active the staff been in a week or a month using the bot (I think Fexbot has this feature but is only available for main owners) @Angelo it wasn't clear for me how its done but I think it's similar to this (sry) 

On 10/5/2019 at 1:04 AM, Crow said:

VRecord could also increase users' activity on the website, as it encourages users to visit and spend more time on chats to stay top of the list. Main owners could choose to give small rewards to whoever is top of the leaderboard after each month, to encourage activity on their chat. For this reason, last months' records could possibly still be visible to users as well.

I remember some chats before used to do something like this by rewarding the most active users on their chat with xats/powers to keep them always hangout on their chat everyday, this could be very fun for visitors if some chat owners would do something like this to keep the activity on the chat.

''A green or red icon could be displayed over the user to identify if they’re currently online on that particular chat or not.''

Would this defeat the purpose of those who are using the invisible power?

I think a few options in the settings can be added like you can set some info to be public for example..

☒ ☐ Show visibility on the chat (this is mainly to users who are using invisible power)

☐ ☑ Show time and date of user's activity

etc..

And is the widget's skin color changeable?

On 10/8/2019 at 11:26 PM, HUSE1N said:

Its a good idea, i like it and i hope will see next power like this, very good for crow and the user who think about this 

Why ask for a power with a feature like this when you could get it for free as a free widget.

• Volunteers
2 hours ago, 6 said:

Would this defeat the purpose of those who are using the invisible power?

Good point, thanks!

The online icons can be removed if they're going to conflict with an existing power. I would say that invisible users could have red icons on the record (offline), but that perhaps conveys false information.

• Volunteers

I had this implemented a couple of years ago on Fexbots and xatbot (Ocean) in order to manage staff activity.

I couldn't pushed it further enough to add indicators based on thresholds but this is quite complete already. You may see this using !chatstaff command.

I also know Arcbot has something similar, but less complete.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I liked the suggestion, this should be added in the future with HTML5

It is no longer necessary to use the bots to know who is the most active

It would be very good to add how long the connected state in the xat and thus collect the most active but not only in the xat than the connected state if it cannot also collect in all the general xat.com and know who is the most active of xat.com

the design is beautiful and elegant would make a good combination in HTML5

This should be added in the future.

Edited by D4niel

• Volunteers

Thank you for the comments!

The bot idea is useful but would require a constant fee to keep it active on the chat, at least for bots that aren't free. The main owner would also have to purchase the (bot) power to begin with. And I'm guessing activity wouldn't be recorded when the bot is offline, which can be a problem.

• Award 1