Suggestion about forum guides

Nezhit

• Bot Service Providers

Hello,

I want to ask whats the purpose of having Tutorials sections if we cannot apply then directly?

Wasn't this supposed to be open and help others users to know more about xat and stuff-related?

If yes, so why delaying days for just approving/rejecting tutorials, this was supposed to be approved in minutes, tutorials being sent there isn't too long. I hightly suggest your guys to add more groups for approving them, maybe contributors?

Something that was supposed to be too simple, ppl are always making everything too hard. Why of this?

(Guidelines: Quality, etc etc), its too hard read 10 - 20 lines and make a final decision about something like a tutorial? I don't think so.

Personal note: This isn't ticket for delaying a lot.

Edited by xLaming
spell
  • Wow 2

• Advanced Members

I'm not entirely sure I can completely understand what you've written. This seems more like a rant post than an actual suggestion due to the fact that your guide hasn't been accepted yet.  Nevertheless, I've moved this to Suggestions sub-forum due to your 3rd line of "monologue". 

It was decided by the forum staff that guides would be subject to an approval process, to avoid trolling-guides, as well as incomplete/useless guides. It's also meant as a barrier to decide whether or not the guide was written broken English, and to subject it grammatical or syntactical edits that would make the guide flow more smoothly. 

Users who try to circumvent being approved by simply posting their guide in General Discussion will still be forced to undergo the approval process, regardless of whether or not they think their guide is useful enough to be insta-approved. 

We aim to try to make sure the guides are professional and cover all details, instead of being submitted broken, incomplete, or incoherent guides.

• Award 2

• Angelo changed the title to Suggestion about forum guides
  • Bot Service Providers

Hello,

Well, I dont know if you've seen this subforum but it has only 4 posts, delaying a simple process like this is same that is happening to the tickets(always happened, not gonna get into)... How can your guys encourage people to post things on this subforum if theres delay? I dont really know the reason of this, isnt hard read something too short, it isnt encrypted or inside of html codes, im sure any post sent there is clean enough to be understand-able by anyone. If theres not enough staff (on tickets your guys says this is the issue), so give permissions to contributors, who cant do a 'job', leave others to do.

Its not cool, you written something to help others and need to wait a lot. Definitly this is not a way to encourage others. As you said I've did my post, this was the last one. I wish others have same patience than me. :)

Adding, next I will make preference posting them on General not as Tutorial, just something random to be sure it wont get into this such of delayed "tutorial approvation".

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members

Well, I dont know if you've seen this subforum but it has only 4 posts

Only 4 guides have been submitted

delaying a simple process like this is same that is happening to the tickets

There are currently no delays in tickets save for extenuating circumstances, and I hardly see what this has to do with forum guides

im sure any post sent there is clean enough to be understand-able by anyone

I explained above why they need to be approved: we're trying to make sure they're properly written in English, understandable by all, not incoherent, and useful.

• Bot Service Providers
3 hours ago, Angelo said:

Only 4 guides have been submitted

And more than 5 days to read one thread? Rly?!

I hardly see what this has to do with forum guides

This is just a example.

I explained above why they need to be approved: we're trying to make sure they're properly written in English, understandable by all, not incoherent, and useful.

That's not the part I'm asking for. I've asked why delaying A LOT, for something that can be read in 2/5 minutes and just make final decision, instead of "ignoring" them?

This is how you think will make more people post on this subforum? I don't think so, customers hates something delaying, if theres no proper staff to review, get more people to in order make this how its supposed to be.

Theres just a tutorial, something you can read and make your final decision, "mm need something else, gonna contact the author" "hmm its ok, gonna aprove it" thats how it is supposed to be, not delaying days, it doesnt require accounts verifications, logs or whatever. (that was my comparation with tickets, if didn't get it)

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 2
  • Cool 1