Group Translate

David

• Advanced Members

Hello all. I'd like to propose a new power or an all around updated feature to xat. I've seen it become more common that English groups are full of people who speak multiple languages. I think this is great! However, I only speak English, and I come into contact with several users on the daily who don't speak a lick of English. Luckily, I'm a subscriber and I have access to the translator on the sidebar. But others aren't so fortunate.

I'd like to suggest either a new group power called (something along the lines of) GTranslate which would allow all users to use the Translate feature, or I'd like to suggest that the translation feature simply be open to all users. I feel like a power like this could help bridge the communities of every language of xat.

I would like to add that I'm not sure why the Translate feature is subscriber only; if there is a specific reason for it then I'd understand completely. Otherwise, thoughts on this?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
31 minutes ago, Davidss1001 said:

I would like to add that I'm not sure why the Translate feature is subscriber only   ...   ?

To try to up sell subscription packages on https://xat.com/buy

I could see power this being useful for unregistered users, but maybe not so much registered users who do not have a day. Either way, I don't think it would hurt to make it into a power, although it may be a while before something like this is properly developed and integrated into xat.

• Award 4