sinbin2

Toxic

• Advanced Members

Why don't we have a power for restricting an owner of their power for 24h? Would also be useful  for users to be stealth without power. (if you know, you know)

EDIT: Why can't we just use the sinbin power on owners as well? Why only mods?

Edited by Toxic
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members

Hello Toxic

The idea is good, but there are reasons why the idea has not been created so far.
- To become a chat owner, you need practice, time and a lot of knowledge/confidence.
- Why would you want to restricting an owner, when he is like a main owner with almost the same knowledge.
- Why restricting this when the owner is the right hand to the Main owner.

I think it is good to exist in xat, it may be useful in unofficial xat.

Regards Bau.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I don't think this is really necessary because Owners should be trustworthy, and if an Owner needs to be sinbinned or demoted then only a Main Owner can do that. At that point why not just ban / demote them, rather than temporarily take away their power?

• Volunteers

This power could be useful for main owners wanting to discipline their owners without committing to a full demotion. 

I agree with others that if you're making someone a permanent owner, they should already be trusted enough not to misbehave. However, different chats are run in different (sometimes strange) ways.

It could be released as a cheap filler power whilst smiley makers work on other creations. It should be cheap because there won't be huge numbers of main owners on xat compared to guests, members, etc.

You can disagree with this, though.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
On 9/9/2019 at 11:05 AM, Crow said:

This power could be useful for main owners wanting to discipline their owners without committing to a full demotion. 

I agree with others that if you're making someone a permanent owner, they should already be trusted enough not to misbehave. However, different chats are run in different (sometimes strange) ways.

Right, we want xat to keep growing so hopefully this will get more and more use but I honestly think sinbin should be updated because I think there's enough rank specific powers, it should work for all. Couldn't have worded it any better, some chats like to have loyal users as staff so they can be "stealth" and then there's when you want to put someone on a time out for a bit for any reason without taking their rank, or if you're ranking someone so that they're not being harassed, and don't quite trust them with rank. Or maybe we could make a second power which does this to both, but puts a longer lock on you? perhaps one that has to be taken off manually?

• Members

Honestly, I don't like the idea 100%, prob 50. because like you guys says if you're making someone a permanent owner, they should already be trusted enough not to misbehave, otherwise they should give them mod and (for some other chats) if an owner abuse of their power, the main owner can just demote them. 

if we're talking for those chats that have more than one main owner, then the creator of the chat group can do a reset to remove the main owners to whoever wasn't fully trusted and give the rank back to the other members.