You must have patience topic reply to your ticket

Tamer

• Advanced Members
19 minutes ago, Christina said:

More volunteers is not always the solution BTW.

Neither is patience for users when some are waiting 2-3 months for helds.

I am seeing a trend with possible "assigned" tickets.

Issue is NOT all tickets can be shared, in certain departments.

However...Help tickets are behind, as well. For me..that is unacceptable.

I have waited almost 2 weeks for a help dept. ticket.

Help tickets aren't behind. 

Just because one ticket is taking awhile  doesn't mean it represents the department as a whole. You should know that.

• Advanced Members

Disagree with you Nick.  Sorry.  People show me their tickets.

I am trying HARD to speak only for myself..but have seen plenty.

And by your statement of Just because 1 ticket... does not represent whole department, that would imply my ticket

was being skipped on purpose or what exactly? Could imply it is assigned.  

Anyway..as I have been on both sides of the fence, these are things users wonder.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Stah said:

I know it might seem like Help staff are defending the volunteers but we do notice that the wait times are absurd too and we definitely don't think they're being unreasonable for complaining. However, there's only so many things you can tell a user who has been waiting for a month for a reply for a ticket, the main one being that they need to wait for a reply and once they start complaining and begging every volunteer that comes to help for a reply, we have no other choice but to get rid of them from the chat because at that point they are causing disruption and just being plain annoying - especially since most of the volunteers that they ask are unable to help and far less can the staff of Help.

I have seen moderators, not naming names, who have banned users several times for calling volunteers "lazy" literally one time after being told that their ticket may continue to take a long time after they've already waited a long time. That's unacceptable. Banning when they're begging volunteers to help them and banning someone for complaining about the service are two different things.

Obviously if it gets out of hand, a ban is sometimes necessary. I have seen people banned many times when they should not have been, in my opinion.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Steven said:

I have seen moderators, not naming names, who have banned users several times for calling volunteers "lazy" literally one time after being told that their ticket may continue to take a long time after they've already waited a long time. That's unacceptable. Banning when they're begging volunteers to help them and banning someone for complaining about the service are two different things.

Obviously if it gets out of hand, a ban is sometimes necessary. I have seen people banned many times when they should not have been, in my opinion.

I personally don't do that and don't agree with these bans if what you said is an accurate representation. Feel free to report these bans.

• Award 4

• Members

I have waited tree months for an answer from Held Department, I think I've been patient enough how long more do I have to wait I already provide the information I was ask for and if you ask the volunteers they're just so arrogants.
I totally understand that some of them have work to do then why sign up for something that you won't be able to keep up, just saying.

I hope this can be fix soon

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Daga said:

I totally understand that some of them have work to do then why sign up for something that you won't be able to keep up, just saying.

I hope this can be fix soon

Because at the time we were able to make time. Now, not so much, and for various temporary reasons. It will be fixed soon.

• Advanced Members

I hope no volunteer is coming off as arrogant. I may appear distant and disconnected at times, but that is because I am stressed out when I visit any chat. Think about this: I have people who camp at Help for hours, sometimes days, and when I arrive, they instantly start begging me to answer their ticket. It's tiring, because I can no longer login to casually chat with users, let alone deal with Help management issues without being harassed by multiple people. They nag and nag until they're banned. I understand their frustration, but their lack of consideration for others waiting in the queue and constantly begging is what might lead them to get banned.

I can understand the flip side though. There are people who have had to wait a very long time to get their issue resolved, so where else do they go to get assistance or to figure out what's going on? The first place I would think of would be the Help chat.

Stah is right that not every volunteer has access to every department, otherwise the wait times would very obviously be more balanced. Just like every other regular support system, things are compartmentalized. TinkerDoodle is also right: We definitely should be training newer volunteers in before they get moved around to different departments. This process takes a lot of time though.

Believe it or not, we have been discussing since January how to deal with delays and how we can manage to keep delays down permanently. It feels like since November, the number of tickets we deal with has increased greatly. Perhaps this is because we are still experiencing the effects of the data breach. You can't just pump in a bunch of new volunteers all at once. It doesn't work like that.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members

We shoud not blame volunteers for the delays etc. It's not their fault, they are not PAID for this work.

But we should blame the system Admins are using for their company, using people/teenagers to handle tickets...

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

I won't necc. blame volunteers.  However, they should push more to get rid of the inactive ones.

Thats not fun to do....But if it needs done to open room for others capable, then it should be.

People like Stah, Jedi, and even Maverick are more then capable of "jumping" in.  Either that or

the system should be reconsidered, as Jedi said, before more users tire and quit.

That is my little rant...that I am trying hard not to do anymore.  Brandon, I am sure everyone appreciates the

honesty.  

• Award 5

• Advanced Members

What you guys have to understand is that all of the points that have been brought up in this thread have already been brought up among the Volunteer team. I understand where you guys are coming from, and it's a shame things aren't a little different. Just keep in mind that a few of us are still trying to make things right, and unfortunately this may take a little bit of time.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused for a majority of you guys. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 hours ago, Jedi said:

We shoud not blame volunteers for the delays etc. It's not their fault, they are not PAID for this work.

But we should blame the system Admins are using for their company, using people/teenagers to handle tickets...

I literally don't see how this is a problem. Yes, OK, maybe there's an occasional power trip now and again but xat has always functioned well with the volunteer support system... these delays are just going to have to be waited out. This whole issue will be resolved and everything will be back in working order soon... we all just have to wait (I know, I know) until more volunteers are assigned to the departments.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

i respect everyone's opinions 

but now we must find a solution to be in the middle between the two parties = Volunteers and **users 

***users*** now say they are waiting for 1 month to answer on ticket .

and the ***Voluneers**** they say that this does not happen to answer in 1 month only some days .

i said before that the volunteers they have a personal life like all of us

at the same time we must help the users in the fastest time .

i hope to have the users are patient and no one sad

everything will return as it was even much better

Thanks  .

• Wiki Editors

Just going to comment briefly (slight rehash):

I'm a little glad this thread was made.

I'm also happy to see a general consensus that people aren't pointing fingers..

Even though volunteers have discussed this extensively, I think this will make some people feel a little less out of the dark and less distant.

Despite the fact that it may be hard to give an authoritative answer, as there are many reasons for the department delays, I think users will be able to extrapolate from this and take from it that the volunteers are hacking away at it and working to get back to a state of normalcy.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

i open ticket and i am waiting untill now more than 2 month and my problem untill now can't be solved and also i can't use my register so why we open xats iff we will get problems and we will loose just the money so admi should know that all poeple here on xats who they open ticket they pay money to get this powers  xats and all off that he should know that we should open ticket and we can't wait 2 month iff we will wait 2 month so 50% will leave and i see alot off arabic poeple leave xats so try to find solution soon we are tired off waiting tired off patience ..

• Advanced Members
On 6/4/2016 at 5:01 PM, Tamer said:

Volunteers are not playing

they are also people like all of us

they have also personal life like us

they much work in order to respond to all tickets

Preach lol. Nobody understands that Volunteers have lives too, They can't just be on the computer all day doing our tickets. (Plus doesn't that get boring overtime?) 

But then again, they had the choice of being a volunteer (right?) and they said yes. They should know that they will have these types of responsibility, and they should learn how to deal with it.

• Award 3

• Volunteers

It would be fascinating to know how many tickets each volunteer answers (in comparison to each other), and who is pulling their weight. Though some departments are trickier than others, as people say!

• Advanced Members

In my opinion, getting more volunteers could help, but it's not the fastest way to solve the problem. I'm not sure who said this, but "New Volunteers" need to be trained to have access to certain types of tickets, so in the end, it'll be the same, since it takes time to train them, and it takes even more for them to have access to it. I believe that the volunteers that are active right now, should get access to this departments, so they can help to reduce the amount of waiting time and the amount of tickets as well.

Waiting 2-3 months it's too much, we need to accept it, and more when you don't even get a first answer, 1 month it's not that much, we should just be patient if it's not the first case.

But we need to keep in mind that volunteers have a personal life as well, they are VOLUNTEERS and even if it's somethin they accepted they are not getting paid for it, they are doing it because they want to, because they like to, so we need to be thankful.  I know a lot of them may work, or go to school/college, just as well as some of us do, they have a family they need to share with, they have friends to hang out with. Internet (xat)is not the only life they have to live :)

• Advanced Members

If volunteers are too busy then they need to get new volunteers.  Its that easy.  Most ticket users are paid.  They paid for the service and should be serviced.

I understand that They are getting caught up and addressing the issues.  This is a very good thing.  However..no where else do you pay for a service and be told to wait for months.

Volunteers get paid in test powers for their services.  YES they do it because they enjoy it but they also get things out of it.

It is a shame but lately you have to make NOISE to get things done.  Then it is considered drama.  Things are getting better..and that is great.

Just I won't sugar coat things.  They are what they are.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

I feel bad for the volunteers, how they have to be "pushed" to reply to tickets asap. Like they want to make sure that the answer that they're giving you is correct. I mean, why would they give you a incorrect answer? They're taking their time for a reason. Please. Just give them time. It's not a piece of cake. You can't just finish volunteer work in five minutes or so.