Chat connection failed. Touch to try again.

otomok

Question

12 answers to this question

• Moderators

Hello,

Try the following procedures in order, if one doesn't work, go to the next one.

• Restart your internet modem and your computer;
  • If you're using a proxy or VPN, turn them off;
  • Clear the cookies/cache of your browser; (Restart the browser)
  • If you're using Windows, use the Windows + R command, write CMD, then write ipconfig /flushdns and press enter; (Restart your computer)
  • If you're using Wi-Fi, turn it off and try connect using a wired connection directly with your modem, see if the problem persists. Then, try again via Wi-Fi, if the problem happens again, do a factory reset on your modem.

I hope one of the procedures solves your problem, good luck!

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, otomok said:

Explain please?

What I mean by this is, there's some issues from Cloudflare sometimes. If you can go through the status, it will show that the UK's Cloudflare is having issues and since xat is hosted in the UK, there might be some connection issues here and there. Also, HTML5 uses websockets which seems to disconnect here and there too, which is also known by the administrator's who are working on fixing this.

• Members
7 minutes ago, alex said:

Hello,
As of now, HTML5 is still in development and many things, including chat connection issues, are many of the things that need to be fixed.
An alternate solution for this would be to use a browser with supported flash plugins and availability to connect to the designated chatrooms you are wishing to enter.

Here are a few browsers that support Flash as of now:

• Opera
  • Google Chrome
  • Safari (Mac only)

If you end up using Chrome out of these three, you will need to add xat into the list of sites to allow Flash everytime you enter the domain.
To allow Flash from not being blocked, click on the lock or "i" in the top left corner of the search bar. From there, where it says "Flash" click on the dropdown box and select "Allow":

download (6).png

The reason why I stopped using flash based xat is because anytime i log in add someone as a friend then relog in it as if i never added that friend....  on all browsers multiple computers...

• Bot Service Providers

This isn't related to the user-side,

It already happened to me and some other users,

The only fix I know for now is you using another browser, e.g I was using Firefox but it doesn't work, but on Chrome it works fine, if you're already using Chrome try on Opera, Firefox, EDGE etc...