Backgrounds PCBR Edition

Toxic

• Advanced Members

I think it would be neat to make a group power that allows users to use one of many different backgrounds for a chat. Honestly we could add a lot of cool widgets that let you customize. I'm not a coder so I don't know what the possibilities are, but there's got to be a way for us to set multiple options of backgrounds/color options. I think this would helps users feel more comfortable about being at chats if they are able to choose their own setting. Everyone wins, right?

• Award 3

• Bot Service Providers
19 minutes ago, xPedro said:

that's as laming said.

"but if we have a way official to use it" 

but css isn't official?

xD anyway seems cool.

Nope, not everybody knows how to do this using css,

Its like you using chat backgrounds (inner) you can set #chat{background.... you need to make the chat transparent etc but this isnt the official way since theres a option to set it on your edit.

Adding, you can upload your own widgets/games/players etc to xatRadio since it doesnt be copyrighted and follow the xatRadio's terms its fine. (All for free)

Edited by xLaming
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Members
10 hours ago, xLaming said:

Nope, not everybody knows how to do this using css,

Maybe a tutorial for this idea could be made to help other users who doesn't know how to make CSS. Or maybe another chat command a user can use to set their own chat background?

I also think that is a good idea if in users' side we could use our preferred chat background but I think it should a little limited with it's function. Where like chats can have a setting in GControl where chat owners can choose whether they would let user have their own chat backgrounds on their chat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, 6 said:

Maybe a tutorial for this idea could be made to help other users who doesn't know how to make CSS. Or maybe another chat command a user can use to set their own chat background?

I also think that is a good idea if in users' side we could use our preferred chat background but I think it should a little limited with it's function. Where like chats can have a setting in GControl where chat owners can choose whether they would let user have their own chat backgrounds on their chat.

Or perhaps an "official" css outer template with instructions on various different effects as well as a whitelist request form so that it is not abused.

13 hours ago, xLaming said:

I'm not sure about that but I think we can make this using CSS only (ive already did with a embedded site), but this would make it easier and also using a "official way" for it xd

I know it can be done, @Anti can do many things and it's what gave me the idea but also showed me the limitations of what can be done by the regular user. That limitation list is much longer than need be.

• Advanced Members

I like this suggestion based off of how @Anti makes it work. It's great, and the use my own option is great too. I think making this widespread across more chats via CSS would be the only way for this to happen, though.

@Toxic I'm pretty unfamiliar with the limitations, what are some limitations you encounter regularly?

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Davidss1001 said:

I like this suggestion based off of how @Anti makes it work. It's great, and the use my own option is great too. I think making this widespread across more chats via CSS would be the only way for this to happen, though.

@Toxic I'm pretty unfamiliar with the limitations, what are some limitations you encounter regularly?

The limitations involve everything I'm suggesting. Only Mike can make that happen.

• Volunteers

If this is something that you can do with CSS, I doubt we need a power for that.

I find the idea very interesting to set multiple backgrounds and let the users choose which background they want to use. I'm pretty sure we can get something for new web!

• Award 2

• Contributors

As Sloom said, it might be too much to create a power since you can do it using CSS, but it's such a good feature to leave it for those who can code that. I hope it gets implemented as a new feature for HTML5, it will be a great addition to the new web. 

If it gets considered as a power, I'd suggest to create a new feature for chats to add like 2 or 3 backgrounds and if you want more, you can buy the power to add more. 

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers

I wanna list a few pointz why I think it should be working in other way than css,

1. Limitations, actually we don't know whats the limit for css on chat groups, this is bad.

2. We can make this in Mike's way that is creating a button on the iframe below of the chat and forcing it to be over the chat page, but this will break a few stuff e.g you cant use page below of the chat anymore and will be a bit harder to customize the stuff below the chat.

3. Well, finally, we need to know that 99% of the xat.com just copy and paste the css codes, sometimes xat update something related to this and everything is broke, or when any main owner touch the code and break everything like changing chat background or page background.

That's why I think it should be more than just css.

• Award 1