"Suggested on the old forum"

• Advanced Members

Should people stop saying "this was suggested on the old forum?

I noticed that whenever someone makes a suggestion, once in a while people say that the power was already suggested in the old forum. Now I get that reposting suggestions that were already posted on the new forum is annoying, but does it matter if it was posted in the old forum?

I say no because, 1. It's impossible to see if it was posted on the old forum because as far as I know, you can't go on it anymore. 2. Some suggestions are really good and they should be brought back to the light with a few tweaks here and there. 

I like many people here have never used the old forums so half the suggestions that were apparently already posted on the old forum are actually new for me and for others too. Saying "this was already posted on the old forum" is just a waste of time and is pretty annoying because the comment doesn't add anything to the suggestion. They removed the old forum so we can move on from it and have a fresh begging. Constantly saying something was already suggested on the old forum just feels backwards. If you are from the old forum and you see a suggestion that was posted a while ago, add on to the suggestion, take what you read from the old topic and add it to the new one, help evolve the suggestion. 

If you have an opinion on this, comment.

• Advanced Members

Yes, people should stop posting this and and as per Brandon's post:

Don't let this stop you from reporting now! If someone suggests something that has already been suggested on this forum, go ahead and report it.

If it has been suggested on this forum, don't post and report it.

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

Should people stop saying "this was suggested on the old forum?

I noticed that whenever someone makes a suggestion, once in a while people say that the power was already suggested in the old forum. Now I get that reposting suggestions that were already posted on the new forum is annoying, but does it matter if it was posted in the old forum?

I say no because, 1. It's impossible to see if it was posted on the old forum because as far as I know, you can't go on it anymore. 2. Some suggestions are really good and they should be brought back to the light with a few tweaks here and there. 

I like many people here have never used the old forums so half the suggestions that were apparently already posted on the old forum are actually new for me and for others too. Saying "this was already posted on the old forum" is just a waste of time and is pretty annoying because the comment doesn't add anything to the suggestion. They removed the old forum so we can move on from it and have a fresh begging. Constantly saying something was already suggested on the old forum just feels backwards. If you are from the old forum and you see a suggestion that was posted a while ago, add on to the suggestion, take what you read from the old topic and add it to the new one, help evolve the suggestion. 

If you have an opinion on this, comment.

We can check the old forum my using the waybackmachine 

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Crow said:

And what about Choco's marshmallow power that some took issue with because it was suggested on Mundoxat, the Spanish forums.

Do we need to check the Spanish forums before suggesting too? Where do we draw the line? :p

._., I didn't even know there was a Spanish forums. But saying we have to check the Spanish forums too, is just silly 

• Wiki Editors
39 minutes ago, Crow said:

And what about Choco's marshmallow power that some took issue with because it was suggested on Mundoxat, the Spanish forums.

Do we need to check the Spanish forums before suggesting too? Where do we draw the line? :p

The first user to suggest gets a test power. So, if I private-chat Junior a suggestion, I'll receive a test power if it gets made. You don't have to check Spanish forums, but if someone else suggested it on the old forum, another forum or in a private chat and has been acknowledged, they'll get it.

• Ryan locked this topic