Personal ID

Bau

Personal ID  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this Idea?! You want this on xat?!

• Advanced Members

Hello everyone, How do you feel today? 
I´m fine, I hope everything is okay with you all.

I want to suggest something to you all.
There may be the possibility of requesting an ID, just like a shortname, to be added to the sale.
Why not?

What you can't do after you buy ID.
- Can´t sell the ID. (You buy,is your risk, read the rules well, Only who wants a personal id understands what I'm talking about).

What you can do after you buy the ID.

- Can change the USername/shortName

I hope my idea is heard by the admin.

Regards Bau.

• Award 1
  • Cool 1
  • Wow 1
  • Meh 1

• Advanced Members

we can't already? just send a ticket and ask to add on auction, next auction you can buy it, also will depend how much xats do you have?

maybe do you say that we be able to send a ticket and request for the ID? and it can be on auction and you can buy it?

also that's will not be unfair to others? that do can't buy their personal ID?

looks as will spam of IDS, and IDS are unique feature good on xat yet

• Advanced Members

If you're suggesting the possiblity of requesting someone else's ID because they are inactive, then I think it's a bad idea. Most IDs have a emotional meaning to people on xat, and I'm pretty sure those people wouldn't be happy if they know that their ID has been taken away from them.

Furthermore, imagine losing an ID after buying it just because you're "inactive", it wouldn't be fair at all.

If you're suggesting the creation of a system to put our own IDs on sale, then I'd say that we already have the forum to do so: https://forum.xat.com/forum/20-id-marketplace/.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers

I think he wants to say that would be good having a place on where you can ask for IDs being put for sale,

And you can buy this ID but can't resell it.

I also think it's a bad idea buying "taken IDs" if it's available, ok then why not selling it? (it's bad, but its happening on shortnames)

I like your suggestion, isn't something too hard to make, but it depends a lot of factors.

• Moderators

Agreed, unfortunately it's a bad idea. All the informations about your account are tied to your ID, that's why you don't lose paid user when switching shortnames but you do if you delete the ID.

Some IDs are too hard to get due to how short they are, its pattern and they might have emotional meaning. Also, IDs are way more valuable than shortnames, doesn't make sense develop a way to get these IDs out of their owners just because they're inactive. It's better in the way it already is.

• Advanced Members

Hi, Thanks for your answers. Vevrok/Solange/xLaming/stif

- I'm 100% sure this thing I suggested doesn't exist in chat.
Here you buy the short name: xat.com/shortNAME
Here you may buy Short ID: xat.com/ShortID

I know many do not agree with this idea, but I open this idea, because I know there are people who want to have personal ID purchased from xat.com and not from the auction xat.

Right Paulo, Good Question: why not selling?
The idea is to buy a single ID per person, IPs / name / Location and you cannot sell it, because if you want ID´s to sell you can buy from other people who have bought from the auction.
This id that you buy here should be well thought out and buy it with your heart, not like everyone else buying and selling.
I don't expect profit from xat.com.

Let's just have this, to know that no one is obliged to buy here, I'm sure I'll buy here. maybe even if it is 50% cheaper but you can't sell, so think carefully before buying ID´s here.
Thank´s!

• Advanced Members

I agree with the others in saying that IDs are a bit more personal and sentimental than Shortnames. I think how xat has their hand in IDs now is great: occasional auctions, and that's it. I think IDs is the real proof-of-commitment to xat--more than Everypower and such. 

Hope this all makes sense :)