Power: (groupchat)

yeezy

• Members

i know this has been suggested 100000 times but it still hasnt been added yet and that's an issue

s9wdOAk.png

(groupchat)

The power groupchat would allow a host to hold a private group chat. The power is simple and I feel like it should have been added years ago.

The image below gives the options given once you have (groupchat). Anyone would be given permission to leave whenever. Also following you could add (nogc), or just have it be congruent with (nopc).

ucuvKqj.png

• Volunteers

This could freshen up xat quite a bit, and give us something to play with over the summer!

I guess the two-player games - i.e. connect 4 - wouldn't work in group chats?

Edit: Or maybe whoever clicks first plays, and the others can watch?

• Members
37 minutes ago, Crow said:

This could freshen up xat quite a bit, and give us something to play with over the summer!

I guess the two-player games - i.e. connect 4 - wouldn't work in group chats?

No, unless staff would find a way around this in the future. Probably just disabled.

18 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

The edit would be just for the group host or, the rest got a [x]? Furthermore, how would you remove users from your group?

I still like this idea.

Good question. I have answered it in images:

2 ideas, personally I like idea 1 more.

7Ix8zz1.png

oOIkWVi.png

• Advanced Members

I dont like idea 1, what if i want to edit the user?  Maybe a button below the 'add more friends' called 'Remove users' so you click it and simply be able to remove them by clicking at the name or a 'x' in the user list. 

Also shouldn't it say 'Add more users'? Friends sounds like i can only invite my friends, or was that ur idea? 

Nogc sounds something that could be made afterwards, another option could be with few groupchat settings, that are included within this power.

E. g. 

-disallows users to add me to groupchats

-use my pcback when creating a groupchat

Etc.

• Members
On 6/1/2016 at 4:49 PM, Harrison said:

Just go into a rankpool or another chat entirely. People don't want to have to pay money for something they can do for free. Don't support. :p

rankpool would separate you from a chat.

what if you and 2 other people wanted to talk smack about someone in the main chat. why switch tabs over and over?

smh.

yo 42 where u at tho

• 3 years later...
  • Advanced Members

Even if we can go to another chat or use rankpool to talk with a group of people, I don't think this is a bad idea, I actually like it.

However, I'm not completely sure if this should be added with a new power or as a free feature, but I hope it'll be added in a way or another possibly on HTML5.