Chrome 76 Flash died

Aghetto

Question

14 answers to this question

• Volunteers

Flash is blocked by default but you still can access it.

Found a quick tutorial on Internet about this: https://prnt.sc/omih8s

Source: https://www.howtogeek.com/434334/how-to-enable-adobe-flash-in-google-chrome-76/

It has been mentioned that in end of 2020, Google will definitely remove Flash from Chrome.

• Bot Service Providers

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

At this time the default version that is loaded on xat whenever you enter is flash. 
You’ll have to add ?new to the end of your links

@SLOom @Nathan 
I think xat needs to highly consider that most normal users won't know how to do the technical work of re-enabling flash in the newest Chrome.

I believe by default HTML5 should be used. Instead flash should be "?old"

There is a large chunk of users who are unaware of HTML5.

This will turn away potential people joining xat who are forced to customize their browser to enable flash (Thinking its some kind of hack/scam).

@server89

4 hours ago, server89 said:

moment no.

but if i close chrome and re-open .. i need to fix same time

but is not better default chat group page  fix to ?new2 ?

Restart your computer (Chrome doesnt always turn off all the way and still runs in the background).

Edited by Actavus

• Bot Service Providers

It is showing that Flash is now deprecated,

I highly suggest you to use HTML5 or any other browser like Firefox,

I wont suggest you to downgrade your Chrome because this is not recommended, but you can try (NOT RECOMMENDED!!).

Edited by xLaming

• Bot Service Providers

@server89

At this time the default version that is loaded on xat whenever you enter is flash. 
You’ll have to add ?new to the end of your links and update any bookmarks / favorites you have if you want to load the html5 chat “automatically” now that your browser doesn’t support flash. 

In the future, whenever html5 development is finished, xat will automatically load the html5 version like you are asking. For now, you must do the above or look into what Sloom suggested. 

Good luck!

Edited by Nathan
Included additional suggestion that was missed while typing original post.

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Actavus said:

@SLOom @Nathan 
I think xat needs to highly consider that most normal users won't know how to do the technical work of re-enabling flash in the newest Chrome.

I believe by default HTML5 should be used. Instead flash should be "?old"

There is a large chunk of users who are unaware of HTML5.

This will turn away potential people joining xat who are forced to customize their browser to enable flash (Thinking its some kind of hack/scam).

@server89

Restart your computer (Chrome doesnt always turn off all the way and still runs in the background).

I agree that xat should use by default the html5 version, and put ?old in flash.

but html5 has still alot of bugs, maybe be a problem? xD