alex

seasonal / weather effects for xat icons

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,
Today, I have come to propose a power or feature that will add different effects to a user's icon depending on the season they choose. In my time on xat, I have only seen only seen a handful of powers bring different weather and seasonal effects for smilies. Powers like Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Snowy give users the option to add that seasonal effects to their names, smilies, and even pawns for a short amount of time. But unfortunately, Snowy is the only power that gives the user an added snowfall effect they can use with their icon if they are therefore a subscriber. There's no rain falling, petals floating, or even leaves caught in a breeze for users to use for their standstill icons.

This is why I am proposing that we add more effects like these for users to use so users can have more variety in using whatever seasonal effect they want in their icons rather just snowy alone. I think it would be a really nice addition if users have availability to use this power or feature whenever they want to and not just for the one season alone. Down below are some examples of what I think these effects would look like if they were implemented:

Of course with all suggestions, I would like to hear some feedback with what you all think about my idea of adding more effects related to the season or weather for users to use for their icons and maybe even their smilies.
I'm looking forward to what you all have to say and I thank you for your time in listening to what I hope to propose in features for xat. Cheers. ezgif.com-resize.png

Spring's effect:                                               Summer's Effect:                                                 Fall's Effect:

petals.gif           ezgif.com-resize (1).gif          ezgif.com-resize (2).gif

Edited by alex
  • Like 3

I completely agree with you, especially in winter and summer or fall seasons would be a good idea as pawn

and make them avaliable as HATS POWER.

There could be a sand effect too (blowing across the avatar like a desert wind), a fire effect (like sparks dancing off a bonfire), and a mist effect (not thick fog, but subtle and moving).

If not a power, these could be added as free effects, like you say, as per https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php/Applications#Effects.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Crow said:

If not a power, these could be added as free effects, like you say, as per https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php/Applications#Effects.

I don't know if it's possible but it would be great if they could implement these effects as HTML5 exclusive and give those users a "reward". It's like some sort of incentive to use the new version.

Edited by Sergio