Sign in to follow this  
alex

Make it possible for users to login with other email providers

Posted (edited)

Hello,
Today I would like to discuss with you all the suggestion I hope in proposing to help users and volunteers alike. I am here to propose that we fix the mailing system so users can login successfully with their email provider rather than just using Gmail alone. I have seen plenty of users come into Help and have issues at other chats with logging into their account with it either being an issue in the email not coming through to their inbox by their provider or the email will appear and be accessible, but the email doesn't contain a login link to click to take the user to the login page to login to their account. The user either than has to wait hours for the login email to arrive, and even then so the email will not appear in their inbox what so ever- junk or spam. We then have to direct users to make tickets under "Email change or hint" while being logged into new accounts so we can get them to a provider that will give them the email login and link in which helps them login securely and successfully. To make matters worse, they have to wait at least 1 to 3 days for an initial response from a volunteer to respond so that they can transfer the account's email to a provider like Gmail so the user can successfully trigger a login email to be sent to them so they can finally login.

It seems like such the hassle to login when this takes place, doesn't it?

This is why I propose that we make it to where all login emails will arrive to the user's provider rather than putting such a hold on them to login to their account to either trade, receive gifts, or even use the powers they bought from xat themselves.
It's time to get things in gear for xat now that we are shifting over to a broader platform that will hopefully bring in users for the site. We can't leave things like this at a halt for what users we have left in our userbase.

Let's help make xat what it was once before by helping our users one step at a time.

Edited by alex
  • Like 2

well... in my opinion I would like to have others providers of emails, but xat accepts gmail only which's most known and safe.

i like it, also it already was suggested several times.

who knows a future next hehe