xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

I have a question, is allowed to sell short name

Mihai

Question

11 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

Hello Mihai,

xat does not support the resale of shortnames on xat. Hence, there is no way to conveniently sell the shortnames that you own. This however does not mean it is prohibited! (In a way, please continue reading)

If one were to try to sell the email associated with the account, they would be denied any services through the ticket form because they did not register this account. Not only is this a very easy way to have more of your data stolen (i.e: very insecure), it may also lead to account closure. Indeed, giving others the email to your account is prohibited. 

The only way that it’s been speculated to sell shortnames is to pay the user to delete the name themselves. Once they do so, provided they are a paid user, they may create a ticket to ask for the shortname to be put back up for sale. Then and only then would the seller actually use their xats to purchase the name themselves. I believe it’s been kept this difficult on purpose.

Dopest point out that the resale of shortnames is not allowed on Trade. Nor is it on Help, and many other official chats.

Hopefully this answers your question. If you need any other sort of information, please reply back and let me know. Otherwise, I will be closing this thread within a few days. 

@Mihai

• Advanced Members
Just now, Mihai said:

Don't Shortnames is  allowed.

For this problem, need more information.

It's not a problem selling the short name, you need to know who you sell. Many of the volunteers or staff in the xat ofifical sold the short name without any problem, and now it is forbidden to do so.
By the end, is it trade or not ?!

I understand that maybe it is not allowed to write: I sell short name, but status, and private message is allowed, it has always been.

If you want, I can bring real evidence.

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, Dopest said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Users are not  allowed to sell Short names.

https://prnt.sc/obj04o

LOJA xat You can sell all yours ID´s « 

About Shortnames, YES, You can sell them, it´s about LOJA/store « It´s allowed to sell everything, if not, it need be LOL. (For friends/family ),

• Members
18 minutes ago, Bau said:

About Shortnames, YES, You can sell them, it´s about LOJA/store « It´s allowed to sell everything, if not, it need be LOL. (For friends/family ),

I was talking about Trade, I don't know about Loja

• Contributors

You're allowed to sell shortnames but xat doesn't support it officially since there isn't an specific tool to trade a product like this.

It's up to the chat that you're in as well. In this case, people are not allowed to sell shortnames in Trade.

Here's a post with a few information about the topic:

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Bau said:

Don't Shortnames is  allowed.

For this problem, need more information.

• Advanced Members

Hello @Bau in xat loja is allowed sell only ids.

Don't allowed sell Shortnames.

For this issue I need more information.

I'm sorry

5 minutes ago, Sergio said:

You're allowed to sell shortnames but xat doesn't support it officially since there isn't an specific tool to trade a product like this.

It's up to the chat that you're in as well. In this case, people are not allowed to sell shortnames in Trade.

Here's a post with a few information about the topic:

''but xat doesn't support it officially''

what I was saying

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Hello Mihai,

xat does not support the resale of shortnames on xat. Hence, there is no way to conveniently sell the shortnames that you own. This however does not mean it is prohibited! (In a way, please continue reading)

If one were to try to sell the email associated with the account, they would be denied any services through the ticket form because they did not register this account. Not only is this a very easy way to have more of your data stolen (i.e: very insecure), it may also lead to account closure. Indeed, giving others the email to your account is prohibited. 

The only way that it’s been speculated to sell shortnames is to pay the user to delete the name themselves. Once they do so, provided they are a paid user, they may create a ticket to ask for the shortname to be put back up for sale. Then and only then would the seller actually use their xats to purchase the name themselves. I believe it’s been kept this difficult on purpose.

Dopest point out that the resale of shortnames is not allowed on Trade. Nor is it on Help, and many other official chats.

Hopefully this answers your question. If you need any other sort of information, please reply back and let me know. Otherwise, I will be closing this thread within a few days. 

@Mihai

Thanks you @Angelo 

80% is ok :$