xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

A few ideas i've had

Hadez

• Members

1.) Custom Blast Bans/Blast Kicks
- This could be an add-on to the existing 'Blast Ban'/'Blast Kick' power but users can set custom ban/kick animations (using an uploaded gif/strip). This power could be used inappropriately, but can be easily reported and have their power revoked, similar to abusing 'Boot'.

+ I have no idea if this is even possible, if not, that's okay. It's just a thought I had.

2.) Blue Card
- Similar to 'Red Card', but users who are Blue-Carded will kick themselves after sending a message in the chatroom.

3.) SuperBlueman and/or SuperPink
- A powerup to the 'Blueman' and/or 'Pink' power, users with this power will not require 'Flashrank' to see their 'Blueman' or 'Pink' pawn while moderator/owner/main owner (similar to purple,gold,ruby, and everypower).

- Owning this power will NOT put you higher on the userlist.

+ Implementing this will NOT affect 'Flashrank', as it's the only power to cycle between pawn and rank. I've seen people with purple/gold/ruby using 'Flashrank'.

4.) Reduce the price to send HUGs to 5 xats.
- I know, it's only 10 xats to use a HUG. But come on! When was the last time you saw a HUG used?
I haven't seen any at all unless I myself send them, so maybe lowering the price will encourage the use of HUGs? It's a pretty cool feature.

5.) Lower the rank required to use 'Red Card'

- Almost no one uses 'Red Card' due to it being restricted to Main Owner. This can be lowered in 'GControl', but nobody does that. This power would be much better suited for Moderators+. As it is, this power is not very 'epic' at all.

Sorry that these ideas aren't 'brand new', but i'm not very creative. I don't know if anyone already suggested these, I tried searching and found nothing but i'm pretty new to the forum so if they were please let me know. Also, sorry that there's more than one suggestion. I didn't wanna make four separate posts so I compiled some of my ideas to this one post. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Hadez
-added a fifth idea
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members

First of all, I welcome you to the xat forum. It's nice to see new people joining the forum!

On topic;

1. Custom Blast Bans/Blast Kicks

- This is an interesting idea. However, I don't think xat should create a power to allow people to create their own animations, taking into account that something like this would be possible.

You've said that if someone creates an inappropriate animation, they can be reported. However, imagine having hundreds of reports of people abusing this power, I don't think xat admins would have enough time to deal with all those reports, and even if they have time for it, I don't think they should focus their time on something like this.

"Volunteers can also deal with the reports" - Yes. But they already are busy with tickets and another duties they also have.

2. Blue Card

I don't see many people using redcard, so I don't think people would use this power at all. This would only be a useless power, to be honest.

3. SuperBlueman and/or SuperPink

I think this is a good idea, but instead of making these powers, I'd prefer if they modify the existing powers(Blueman and Pink) for this to be possible. This could be done once HTML5 is finished.

4. Reduce the price to send HUGs to 5 xats.

- The price could be reduced, but I don't think that would change the fact that people don't use hugs so often, but yes, I think it's not a bad idea.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers

1. I think it's fine if being used as "gif", yeah its easy to implement this, at least on HTML5 this feature is fully possible. We don't really need a team just for allowing/disallowing users uploading their animations. Example of this is BACKGROUNDS, AVATARS, DESCRIPTIONS, NAMES, HOMESPAGES, XATSPACE, CHATS you can always use anything inapp, and can be punished, torched whatever, so, there's no difficult in creating this.

2. Recard and Yellowcard seems related to the football, then, wheres the Bluecard there? Doesn't exist (well, I think)

3. Creating superblueman, superpink etc, won't make Flashrank useless? I think yes

4. Hug prices can be even zero, nobody uses, that's why xat isn't creating more hugs, same about jinx. (I'm sure)

Suggestions 1st and 4th are really good. Mainly the 1st suggestion, I see it being added in a near future.

Edited by xLaming

• Members

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you guys think some of my ideas are good. I added a fifth idea based on the responses to this post.

@xLaming 2. Recard and Yellowcard seems related to the football, then, wheres the Bluecard there? Doesn't exist (well, I think)

- You're probably right, I didn't know it was sports related and if it is then my bad. Thanks for the info!

@xLaming Suggestions 1st and 4th are really good. Mainly the 1st suggestion, I see it being added in a near future.

- I appreciate your input and I thank you for thinking my ideas are good. I really like the first idea too!

@Solange I don't see many people using redcard, so I don't think people would use this power at all. This would only be a useless power, to be honest.

- Thanks for your input, I disagree that it'd be useless but it'd be immensely underused just like 'Red Card'. Based on your response, I added a fifth idea. I'd like to know what you think about it!

@Solange I think this is a good idea, but instead of making these powers, I'd prefer if they modify the existing powers(Blueman and Pink) for this to be possible. This could be done once HTML5 is finished.

- I think it'd be better as a separate power, so not every 'Blueman' or 'Pink' user is the same. I think of this idea as a power-up to those existing powers. However, I also like your idea so either way it's pretty cool.

As for the first idea, there's no way I see hundreds of reports of inappropriate activity. There may be a few bad apples, but that's what rules are for @Solange. I think it's a really neat idea that many users can take advantage of, and maybe even make it a limited/epic group power so less people have access to it? By the way, I'm unsure if the tagging is annoying so if it notifies you too much let me know and i'll refrain from using the "@".

• Advanced Members

@Solange @Hadez Do you guys really think that xat would delete FLASHRANK on HTML5? I don't think so at all. Also, considering the new powers that have been presented in the last months, it wouldn't surprise me that a power like 'BLUECARD' could be released. I liked all your suggestions but the first one, which is not that practical and would leave many decent powers with 0 utility. Thanks for taking your time to share them with us. 

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, Dmytro said:

@Solange @Hadez Do you guys really think that xat would delete FLASHRANK on HTML5? I don't think so at all.

I think I didn't say that, it's more than obvious that xat would never delete an existing power, I think you misunderstood what I said.

I said that powers like Superblueman and Superpink wouldn't be a bad idea, but it would be better if xat implements this with the existing powers instead of making new powers. I never said that xat would delete Flashrank, that would never happen anyway.

And by the way, I don't think Flashrank would be useless if xat implements these ideas. Do you think people would stop using Flashrank? I don't think so.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
25 minutes ago, Solange said:

I think I didn't say that, it's more than obvious that xat would never delete an existing power, I think you misunderstood what I said.

I said that powers like Superblueman and Superpink wouldn't be a bad idea, but it would be better if xat implements this with the existing powers instead of making new powers. I never said that xat would delete Flashrank, that would never happen anyway.

And by the way, I don't think Flashrank would be useless if xat implements these ideas. Do you think people would stop using Flashrank? I don't think so.

It just doesn't make sense to me, why wouldn't PINK and BLUEMAN require FLASHRANK while powers like PURPLE or GOLD would? It could be nice, but very hard to happen. Also, I apologise if I misunderstood any of your statements, it's just the way I saw the concept of that suggestion.

Edited by Dmytro

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
On 7/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, xLaming said:

1. I think it's fine if being used as "gif", yeah its easy to implement this, at least on HTML5 this feature is fully possible. We don't really need a team just for allowing/disallowing users uploading their animations. Example of this is BACKGROUNDS, AVATARS, DESCRIPTIONS, NAMES, HOMESPAGES, XATSPACE, CHATS you can always use anything inapp, and can be punished, torched whatever, so, there's no difficult in creating this.

2. Recard and Yellowcard seems related to the football, then, wheres the Bluecard there? Doesn't exist (well, I think)

3. Creating superblueman, superpink etc, won't make Flashrank useless? I think yes

4. Hug prices can be even zero, nobody uses, that's why xat isn't creating more hugs, same about jinx. (I'm sure)

Suggestions 1st and 4th are really good. Mainly the 1st suggestion, I see it being added in a near future.

That's all, I agree.