What Hope Does xat Have For 2020s?

Jonathan1990

• Volunteers

Be positive!

In the 2020s we'll have more features and customization options, more suggestions implemented, more exciting powers, more improvements across the website/wiki/forums, and HTML5 chats will be more advanced.

There'll always be doom-mongers, as there always have been, but personally I'm optimistic. There are very good people on xat working hard towards the same cause - and they're not going to stop.

That's my opinion. (cute)

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

there'il be plenty of people to spend their free time

I think more people will enter the xat because most people will be on summer vacation and will not work on summer vacation.

there will also be more vitality than more people in holiday xat in schools

• Bot Service Providers

Two ways are possible.

First, good way... Admins finally doing ads about xat in social engines. (E.g twitter, fb, adwards etc)

Second, bad way... No ppl to enjoy new updates... (Some biased will be there, obvious)

• Award 2
  • Sad 1

• Advanced Members

I see people losing interest in xat rapidly, due to the lack of users in the english side of xat. I think Spanish community and other languages can still help xat stay up, but as far as english users, I see them migrating to something else entirely like Discord. As much as I hate seeing that, or even saying it, the only thing xat has that remotely interests me is the fact I can be able to use css to make a chat look how I want it to look. Discord, you're unable to have a background everyone can see unless you tell them to download betterdiscord and use the same stuff as you. If xat loses the creativeness aspect for chats, I might have to call it quits.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I know that it looks like xat is dying slowly, but I do have hope and I do believe that xat will get more users once HTML5 is finished and hopefully will be what it once was, I know it's still possible.

xat still has a lot of people that love the website, they're helping xat admins to improve the website constantly. And like Crow already said, they're not going to stop.

Let's be optimistic and don't be pessimistic! :p

• Award 1

• Members

I am a strong believer if it’s not meant to be, it won’t be. 

Look at Myspace, that was amazingly popular, then it died. 

Same as xat, they bother too much about new smiley powers, not enough support to old members. 

A lot of xats problems is not listening to users, is not wanting to implement things that are hard work. Which I understand but. Customers are always right. 

xat will eventually die out over the next 5 years, I don’t think they’ll have any more ideas to add only pointless powers, 

theres going to be a point that they can’t do anything anymore because they released powers way too quick. 

When powers was was first released. The rush for the new powers was great, they wanted to get them from trade chat or even the store when it was released. 

Now, they only care about the power because of EveryPower feature. 

• Members
14 hours ago, Phin said:

Perhaps if they were to implement Mike's ideas, maybe, just maybe, they can be as alive as they were years ago. Just a thought, you know? Or they can be stuck in HTML5 and never bring new people. That works too.

What is mikes idea?

• Award 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...