(nationalism) power!

TinkerDoodle

• Advanced Members

Hey everyone, I'm back with another power suggestion. The suggestion really stems from my (unclesam) suggestion which can be found here. Everyone on the suggestion said we have enough American smiles, which is true, so that's why my suggestion for this power includes national personalities from all different countries! I have no clue how to name this power so if you guys have a suggestion please say it here. Thanks. 

So lets get right into it, here are the emoticons:

• (unclesam)- Well we all know who this dude is, here is an example.

Here's a bit of history of uncle Sam if anyone is interested.

• (johnbull)- The British version of Uncle Sam! Here's an example

Here's a bit of history of John Bull.

• (Marianna)- She is the national symbol of the French republic. Here is an example. I would've included the image that she is the most famous for bit it shows her nipnip and it's NSFW so this will be removed, if you're curious, you can google her yourself. 

Here's a bit of history of Marianna. There's an image of her with her nipnip out so click on your own risk. 

• (Deutsher)- He is the German version of Uncle Sam. Here's an example.

Here's a bit of history on Deutsher MIchel.

• (Povinho)- This lovely lad is the Portuguese "every man" here's an example.

Here's a bit of history on Ze Povinho.

• (Bharat)- She is also known as "mother India". Here's an example.

Here's a bit of history on Bharat Mata.

• (Turrita)- She is the Italian version of Uncle Sam. Here's an example.

Here's a bit of history n Italia Turrita.

• (Srulik)- This young man is the Israeli version of Uncle Sam. Here's an example

Here's a bit of history on Srulik.

• (Motherland)- This is the Russian version of UncleSam. Here's an example.

Here's a bit of history of Mother Motherland.

This power took me a lot of research. If you feel like another national personality should be added, tell me and I will add it. Tell me what you guys think.

Discuss. 

Side suggestion. 

We should be able to see emoticons in the chat scroll. Like /s Welcome! (Hi), the hi emoticon shows. It's really a QOL update but still. 

I'm just gonna be adding this to all my suggestions till it gets added. :'(

• Award 1

• Volunteers

I like the suggestion!! I just think it would be really hard for people to not only make the smileys similar to them but also to try and include something symbolic to everyone. 

Other than that, couple of additions:

I think  the one and only Jacques Cartier should be added, who founded Canada. 

13700-004-D4784FD3.jpg

(10/10 for that beard right?)

Or even the Mother Canada statue. :$ 

screen_shot_2015-07-24_at_3.45.39_pm.png

P.S .. I suggest Personification to name this power because it is a name that means representing something and that's just what this power does! :$ 

• Wiki Editors

Definitely not xat style.

It'd take forever for smiley makers to do this and this would still be a lame power. Also, I don't think other countries treat this "personalities" thing as the United States do.

Do we even know if those "personalities" are a thing in those countries? Sorry but being part of history doesn't mean it's appreciated / people would like to buy it.

The (povinho) one seems to be the worst one. I'm not sure if you're aware but most Portuguese speakers on xat are from Brazil, and I can assure you 99% of them don't know what Zé Povinho is. We use it as a slang for something else here. I'm not saying Portugal is not worth a smiley though! But if it was to happen, they should at least make something better.

I'm not even sure if xat is allowed to sell a product with those names and images.

To make this work it would require too much searching... and we would also have to ask people from those countries to check if it's worth it.

I'd stick to the original food / places etc. from different countries idea.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members

I think the idea of having some power with monuments or things significant to certain countries with lots of xat users would be cool. I don't like the idea of these guys being the representations of the countries, though. I agree that I don't think most nations treat these characters, if you will, as seriously as the USA does.

I also think the pictures would just look weird when shrunken down to tiny smilies.

• Award 1

• Members

I agree with Arthur and Steven. It'd be weird to use those pictures as smilies. To make their faces perfectly, it would require too much work. However, I don't think this power should be made.

I like the idea of using ''monuments'' as smilies. I think this wouldn't make sense either. No one would probably use this power if it ever is made, just like springy, retro and others.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

My examples, were just that, exmaples, they don't have to use the pictures i used, it might be hard but it'll be something different for xat, they don't have to be a picture, or a frame, that's up to the makers to decide. The they are all just examples. 

29 minutes ago, Arthur said:

I'm not sure if you're aware but most Portuguese speakers on xat are from Brazil

I wasn't aware of this actually, I'm planning on doing in depth research on xats demographic and their national personalities. If you feel a better personality can be used, then say it, I just found these on a google search, don't expect greatness from that. 

I don't like this "not xats style" mentality. I talked about this in my previous suggestion, so I'll just quote it again:

Not xat style but they made Halloween2, which isn't cute, Angry, which isn't cute, Six, which isn't cute, ect. Making serious smiles is xats style, they're just on a cute kick for some reason, and plenty of people are sick of it.

Just because something isn't their "style" doesn't mean they shouldn't experiment, going out of their comfort zone will allow them to explore new types of powers. 

30 minutes ago, Arthur said:

I'm not even sure if xat is allowed to sell a product with those names and images.

Now idk if those names were copy written or anything like that, and if so then RIP. 

• Wiki Editors
9 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

My examples, were just that, exmaples, they don't have to use the pictures i used, it might be hard but it'll be something different for xat, they don't have to be a picture, or a frame, that's up to the makers to decide. The they are all just examples. 

The point is, if we're gonna add different smilies into a power to symbolize popular countries, those guys wouldn't be the best choice.

I wasn't aware of this actually, I'm planning on doing in depth research on xats demographic and their national personalities. If you feel a better personality can be used, then say it, I just found these on a google search, don't expect greatness from that. 

I don't think there's any "personality" that is worth a smiley. We don't take it the same way you American people do in Brazil. It's not even a thing here to be honest.

I don't like this "not xats style" mentality. I talked about this in my previous suggestion, so I'll just quote it again:

Just because something isn't their "style" doesn't mean they shouldn't experiment, going out of their comfort zone will allow them to explore new types of powers. 

How dare you comparing halloween power smilies with those guys pictures? LOL

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
22 minutes ago, Zed; said:

this power is good to be added at 4 of july 

like the independence and fourth power .

But literally only one smiley suggested is about the USA, and the 4th of July is a celebration of the USA.

Releasing it then wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense, imo.

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, Arthur said:

I don't think there's any "personality" that is worth a smiley. We don't take it the same way you American people do in Brazil. It's not even a thing here to be honest.

Huh, didn't really know that honestly. Pretty curious if other countries are like this too. I know that in the US  society we like to glorify Uncle Sam as the be all, but every country has a different society. #themoreyouknow

• Members

This power seems interesting, yet uninteresting at the same time.  This power would take so much effort to create and it wouldn't even be worth it.  Sorry, doesn't cut out to be named a power.  Good try though!

Edit: This idea is an atrocity, get this out of my face. (d)

• Advanced Members
28 minutes ago, Marya11211 said:

Im agree with @Arthur @Steven   

12 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Same im agree with  Arthur

Great insight on the idea guys, loving what you brought to the table. 

9 minutes ago, Caboose said:

This power seems interesting, yet uninteresting at the same time.  This power would take so much effort to create and it wouldn't even be worth it.  Sorry, doesn't cut out to be named a power.  Good try though!

Hey A for effort! 

9 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Edit: This idea is an atrocity, get this out of my face. (d)

You can click the red X on the upper right corner of your screen. 

Thanks for all the input guys, I'll make sure that my next suggestion will have some new mechanics, or be a power that will have some conversational smiles in it like my mythology power and such, I realized that powers like this won't be used much, it'll just be another pointless power like the 300 animal powers we have. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

Thanks for all the input guys, I'll make sure that my next suggestion will have some new mechanics, or be a power that will have some conversational smiles in it like my mythology power and such, I realized that powers like this won't be used much, it'll just be another pointless power like the 300 animal powers we have. 

xat has been lacking these lately, it would be nice to get some powers that incorporated some

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I have 1 point with this thread...NOT XAT STYLE!

What is xat style?  Who determines it?  People 5 years ago would of said something different then today.

Seems pretty cliche to me.  Future smiley makers can create a NEW xat style.  Maybe its time?

People complain they are "bored" with the usual powers.  They want different.

Perhaps its time to branch out and find the style of tomorrow and stop living for today.

Nice thinking Tink.

• Advanced Members

I like the idea of a power that has something that represents the majorities and minorities within xat, but maybe not with figureheads. Why don't we take your ideas about landmarks and other things and turn it into a countries power where stereotypical or even cliche things could be added to represent countries, such as maybe an Italian chef to represent Italy.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
3 hours ago, Stah said:

I like the idea of a power that has something that represents the majorities and minorities within xat, but maybe not with figureheads. Why don't we take your ideas about landmarks and other things and turn it into a countries power where stereotypical or even cliche things could be added to represent countries, such as maybe an Italian chef to represent Italy.

Using cliches is not a good idea. Why would we add an Italien chef and not a French chef? etc.

The advantage of using figureheads is that we can easily pick them without getting into cliches. Moreover, it would be a great challenge for smiley makers.

I totally approve the use of Marianne.

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Stah said:

Stereotypes can be a bit risky because some people might get offended by them. But I'd like to expand on your idea, maybe there can be an Italy power with the National personality, the leaning tower of pisa, probably an authentic pizza and other Italian themed emoticons. And over time there can be a french, russian, greek, ect.