Message that comes along when changing a pool

LaFleur

• Advanced Members

Hello,

there is this case: I am in the trade chat, on e.g. crazy point and write some message, now i change the pool to e.g. nifty town (within 15 secs or whatever the accurate time is) and my message that i just wrote on pool 1 is visible (for me) on pool 2.

Now to my question: i often saw this happening and was always wondering if the messages were visible for others in this case? Thanks.

• Contributors

Yes, it was meant to be that way and no it's not a bug.

There's so many pools that when switching to each one, your messages don't show and don't get stored in those pools since Store Chat Messages was meant for the main pools name.

The only pool that stores your message in the main pool - Trade and due to the Store Chat Messages is on.

(Same applies to other chats with many different pools.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
54 minutes ago, Maverick said:

There's so many pools that when switching to each one, your messages don't show and don't get stored in those pools since Store Chat Messages was meant for the main pools name.

The only pool that stores your message in the main pool - Trade and due to the Store Chat Messages is on.

I see, thanks for telling.

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, Maverick said:

I know this topics closed but I want to add to this discussion and abuse my moderator response abilities :$ 

Why is it meant to be like this? I've always been so confused when I change pools and see my messages - what's the benefit? I'd rather change pools and see what's said in that pool, not what I've said in others. I don't understand what the positives are to seeing your messages in another pool, when others can't? 

Also, say you complete a gameban in a sub-pool, then move back to main-pool - the completion of the ban wont show (often causing confusion at Contests). 

Additionally, users who have a rank member+ in a sub-pool, will sometimes appear as a guest on the users list in the main-pool. Surely this is a bug? 

• Award 1

• Contributors
5 hours ago, Ryan said:

I know this topics closed but I want to add to this discussion and abuse my moderator response abilities :$ 

Why is it meant to be like this? I've always been so confused when I change pools and see my messages - what's the benefit? I'd rather change pools and see what's said in that pool, not what I've said in others. I don't understand what the positives are to seeing your messages in another pool, when others can't? 

Also, say you complete a gameban in a sub-pool, then move back to main-pool - the completion of the ban wont show (often causing confusion at Contests). 

Additionally, users who have a rank member+ in a sub-pool, will sometimes appear as a guest on the users list in the main-pool. Surely this is a bug? 

Abuser. (d)

I'm not really sure what the reason is behind this, but I know it was intentionally put that way. There is no benefit to this at all. Just your messages showing to you alone. Perhaps, only for you to see. 

If you were to post a message in Trade's main pool and then refresh going back to that pool your message would be stored there and visible to everyone. If you tried sending a message in another pool your messages won't be there if you switched pools. Store Chat Messages was only meant for that one main pool alone. (Why was it designed like that, not sure)!

I'd assume they are treated like staff pools. My theory is, if you say a message in staff pool and then refresh, it would show in the main pool to you alone. However I think it shows for everyone if they just sign out and in. Might have to check on this again since it was an issue that got fixed, might be happening again.

Theory: Proven right.

As for contest when using a sub pool, wouldn't you keep track of those? Maybe. Surely bans and unbans show for everyone if they just sign out and in. Again, going back to what I said I might have to check on those again. 

As for the appearing guest on the user list. This occurs when a message is sent I'm chat and and going offline while that user swapped pools who are ranked +, then coming back online viewing the user list and seeing him / her guest. Yeah, I'd like to say that's an issue, but it goes back to Storing Chat Messages, since it all results in that setting alone. 

• Award 1