re-directed

Bau

• Advanced Members

Hello

Admin - Do not you think it's time to put an end to these people. 

How has the name xat been added to "be blocked in names to people," HELP name may also be blocked "Why not? (I noticed that it's already added, but why other people can still use this name?)

Words: xat, Help, Assistance, ajutor, Ajuda, Ayuda etc.
Who adds to the name/status, be re-directed to xatHELP - After that, the team will see who is the USER with this name, be asked to change or be ban.

A similar idea, but it works totally diferente.
This idea is different, I do not want anyone to believe it is the same.
Both are for the same reasons, but each has a different function.

• Wow 1
  • No 1
  • Meh 1
  • Confused 1
  • Huh? 1

• Advanced Members
24 minutes ago, Angelo said:

So if you add the words “xat”, “Help”, “Assistance”, “Ajutor”, or “Ayuda” to your name or status, you get automatically redirected to https://xat.com/Help and we have to ask them to change it or they’ll be banned?

Right!

25 minutes ago, Angelo said:

There are a lot more intuitive and efficient ways to blacklist certain words to avoid scamming. 

Do you think there is such a thing, and are not used, why? (sman)

I want to know what they are, if there were many better things, I was not going to waste time writing these things.

If you have any further questions about this idea, you can ask anything.
Regards Bau.

• Confused 2

• Bot Service Providers
6 hours ago, Bau said:

How has the name xat been added to "be blocked in names to people," HELP name may also be blocked "Why not? (I noticed that it's already added, but why other people can still use this name?)

I will try to explain it better.

Actually, xat is blocking some words on your name e.g Admin, xat and Help.

You can't use none of those names,

6 hours ago, Angelo said:

So if you add the words “xat”, “Help”, “Assistance”, “Ajutor”, or “Ayuda” to your name or status, you get automatically redirected to https://xat.com/Help and we have to ask them to change it or they’ll be banned?

But if you mean this way, actually you can use bots for detecting bad words in name, homepage or status.

And to be honest there's no efficient way on making something like this, because always people can use "invisible chars" or other fonts.

Adding, I have an suggestion, it would be cool if we get  something added in HTML5 to detect the list of power (bad) in status/name, as it works already in messages, but instead of showing !@#$%, should be something like "BADBADBAD" or idk. It doesn't need any change in server-side just on HTML5 files.

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 1
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, xLaming said:

I will try to explain it better.

Actually, xat is blocking some words on your name e.g Admin, xat and Help.

You can't use none of those names.

JUmQKem.png

I receive messages every week with complaints to someone named HELP who asks to sell xats on an amount that can not exist: example: 100k xats for $50
If you do not buy, it will block your account.

And now you say that everything is blocked, it is blocked, I did the test last night when I opened this suggestion.
Always when I open a suggestion, maybe I do not explain well, but I check it often before I open it, maybe one or two people do not like it, maybe they use these names, I can not answer that.

The next person making the complaint will be posted here, see what I'm talking about!

HELP name "Can be used. (I can not explain it now, but I've seen it).
Please be patient.

YES, i like your suggestion Laming/Paulo, Thank´s!

• Award 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

Hello

Another logged stealing and you still have not done anything. ( I know that this name is blocked, but explain now how is this possible?).
It is sad to see that in 2019 such things happen, and continue to deny these things. (all is well).
The idea was created with an objective, but you can continue to defend the criminals.

I said I came back with evidence.

All the Proof
(1) - (2) - (3) - (4) - (5) - (6) - (7) - (8) «

This is where the whole discussion took place. - Chat group 

Now you're not confused, but it's me. . . You know!

Regards Bau.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

22 minutes ago, Thuk said:

They are using special symbols to do this.

Reveal hidden contents

eJy6s6g.png  qZwB84k.png

I know, I do not want to know how they do it, but I want to know how it is possible now that this happens in 2019!

It's not that it uses the HELP name, but it is that this affects users who are not safe at xat.

xat
Always looking for an adequate response to the situation but does not always coincide with the current theme/issue. . .

• Bot Service Providers

Simply because HTML5 is being done,

xat is not focused in changing this is really too small,

Flash's version won't be updated anymore,

There's really a lot of ways for creating invisible chars, then, there's no way to prevent this, simply xat can't.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Bau said:

I know, I do not want to know how they do it, but I want to know how it is possible now that this happens in 2019!

It's not that it uses the HELP name, but it is that this affects users who are not safe at xat.

Sadly, we can't stop people from using these special symbols on xat. Yes, some people are using them to scam people, but we can't do anything.

We've been trying(contributors/volunteers/admins) our best by giving tips on how you can be safe on xat, however there will always be situations where we won't be able to do anything.

xat has already filtered some words to stop these scammers and we also have made some posts to teach people how to be safe on xat and letting them know that this is happening.

• Sad 1