xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

Get TICKLE power for free with the new security quiz!

LaFleur

• Bot Service Providers

Pros:

* May be helpful for new users;

* Will help users to stay their accounts safe;

Cons:

* Seconds waiting every time, you WASTE A LOT OF TIME!!!!!!! (30 questions, 9 seconds each question and you also need to read, and select);

* Well, I don't know for others, but for me, in the end of the quiz it shows me that password/username is wrong;

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members
55 minutes ago, xLaming said:

Cons:

* Seconds waiting every time, you WASTE A LOT OF TIME!!!!!!! (30 questions, 9 seconds each question and you also need to read, and select);

The time that we have to wait to answer each question could definitely be changed or reduced. Anyway, I don't think it's a big problem, it's not like we need to wait so much time to answer each question.

59 minutes ago, xLaming said:

Cons:

* Well, I don't know for others, but for me, in the end of the quiz it shows me that password/username is wrong;

It didn't happen to me, maybe it was an isolated case or you typed your password wrongly. However, if we recieve more complaints like this in the future, then something will need to be done.

• Contributors
4 hours ago, Solange said:

The time that we have to wait to answer each question could definitely be changed or reduced. Anyway, I don't think it's a big problem, it's not like we need to wait so much time to answer each question.

You might want the time to be reduced because you already have xat knowledge but for somone new, having those 10 seconds to read slowly and surely might be the smartest option, since you want them to learn from the quiz and not only take it for the reward. 

I like it. It's a great way to learn and it is worth your time since it has a pretty good reward. Props to all of you for doing it. 

• Award 4

• Volunteers
9 hours ago, MagicDesing said:

With this new system, the tickle will be definitive, or will there be any time to redo the quiz to re-activate it?

For now, it's definitive but in the future, you may have to redo the quiz each 6 months to refresh your knowledge.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

• Volunteers

What would you recommend for users who complete the quiz but aren't receiving tickle?

There's one user who's done the quiz twice and they've been re-directed, but they're not receiving anything afterwards. They're not using an incognito browser or web proxy or anything like that (if that would affect it). It's not working on their other account either. Is there something else that could stop (tickle) from triggering?

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Sergio said:

You might want the time to be reduced because you already have xat knowledge but for somone new, having those 10 seconds to read slowly and surely might be the smartest option, since you want them to learn from the quiz and not only take it for the reward. 

I like it. It's a great way to learn and it is worth your time since it has a pretty good reward. Props to all of you for doing it. 

Exactly. That's why I don't think the time we need to wait to answer each question would be a big problem, it was completely fine for me to wait those seconds.

I wasn't the one who complained about it. 8-)

• Volunteers

Just to tell you know, there is a small issue with getting tickle after completing the quiz.

Admins have been noticed about. Please wait before completing quiz again until tickle is 100% fixed.

This comment will be updated when this is okay.

Thank you.

• Bot Service Providers
7 hours ago, Sergio said:

They dont need to wait just for this reason, what about mixing responses when its wrong, and not adding this boring time? A lot of others read/type fast, people who says that needs 10 seconds definitly is someone 60 old. After marking the response is nosense, if this is supposed to users learn so why not this time is for read and mark? Its after marking the option.

There is no sense on waiting anyway, saying it will help new users is out of the point because it wont, mixing responses on wrong may fix this forcing users to read instead of need to wait. In this way will not make us wasting time every question, including old and new users!!!!

#TimeOut.

Edited by xLaming

• Contributors
45 minutes ago, xLaming said:

There is no sense on waiting anyway, saying it will help new users is out of the point because it wont

This is probably one of the best arguments I've ever seen. 

52 minutes ago, xLaming said:

mixing responses on wrong may fix this forcing users to read instead of need to wait.

This is a pretty good suggestion imo. I would actually keep both: When the user gets the wrong answer, the responses could be switched and then let the person try again.

59 minutes ago, xLaming said:

people who says that needs 10 seconds definitly is someone 60 old

55 minutes ago, xLaming said:

forcing users to read instead of need to wait

It's not that big of a deal, come on. Those seconds are there to avoid fast clicks without even reviewing the explanation.

• Volunteers
47 minutes ago, Keiner said:

¿No puede tener el cosquilleo? Dos amigos respondieron correctamente el cuestionario de seguridad y no recibieron el cosquilleo. Intenté hacerlo yo mismo en mi otra cuenta, sucedió lo mismo, completé el formulario correctamente y todavía no tengo el cosquilleo.

6 minutes ago, Roka said:

I had tickle before trying that quiz, I have completed quiz twice, I didn't get the tickle and its removed now. so how to get it back now? any solution!?

Maybe before posting, you should read my comment.

3 hours ago, SLOom said:

Just to tell you know, there is a small issue with getting tickle after completing the quiz.

Admins have been noticed about. Please wait before completing quiz again until tickle is 100% fixed.

This comment will be updated when this is okay.

Thank you.

• Bot Service Providers

Got another html5 issue with safari on Mac OS. 

I didn't receive tickle. Any suggestions ? @SLOom

(I never lost tickle on flash to begin with)

tried with chrome , same results. Is tickle not working with html5 yet? Perhaps I misread something or this wasn't clarified 

Edited by Nathan