Redeem xats code

Leandro

• Advanced Members

What about adding an option on xat.com/store#!buyxats to ''Redeem xats code''?  

Could also create a new section just for it.

Imagine I have 10.000 xats and I want to generate a 2.000 xats code to make a contest and the person who enters the code the first time, wins the 2.000 xats.

E.g: Redeem the code: N0Xg5v9ziY 

We could also make the codes available for a short period of time (I think this would be hard to do, so it'll be admin's choice)

And the part to redeem the actual xat code created can be added into buyxats page.

Live previews:

v7BTwmo.png

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Edited by Leandro
i dunno
  • Award 2

• Volunteers

I don't like your process very much 'cause you make it sound like anyone who has got xats can "giveaway" their xats through the buy page. Therefore, making it look like they 'obtained xats directly from xat'.

So here's my idea ...

1. Go to xat.com/buy

2. Click Gift a Friend button 

3. Pay $5

4. Payment is processed 

5. After confirmation, you get a redeem code you can share with anybody. 

Attempting to re-use an already used code will make the page say: "This code has been already used by 1234567" (user ID publicly displayed) 

Also, now for something completely different ...

silly monty python GIF

It would be quite amazing if xat added special smilies (or features) to users who gift xats. 

It's important that you understand that I'm suggesting a special feature so this means it wouldn't be included in a power. 

The resume is: You can only get "givers" features if you actually gift a person through xat.com/buy

e.g. users who have given away will be able to use gift-only smilies e.g. (giftsmiley1) (giftsmileyfx) *Names are mere examples.

Or maybe a hug, or a sticker, or a kiss. This could certainly motivate users into giving away to their friends so they can obtain exclusive "Gift-only" features 

donald duck money GIF 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

@Cupim

No, I'm not making it seem like  'obtained xats directly from xat'. That's why there should be a new page created just for that option, and the codes are only going to be generated if you have enough xats.

I understand your idea, it is good, but the problem I have with it it's having to pay real money to ''create'' a sharing code to give to another friend. 

I want a way for all users, without having to pay real money, to be able to gift xats to someone they like. We already paid (in some cases) to buy the xats, I don't want to pay again to gift it to another friend.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteers
6 minutes ago, Leandro said:

3 minutes ago, Leandro said:

I want a way for all users, without having to pay real money, to be able to gift xats to someone they like. We already paid (in some cases) to buy the xats, I don't want to pay again to gift it to another friend.

Then click trade or transfer 

sarcastic pee wee herman GIF

Ideally here a person getting a gift of $5 would be able to open a ticket for themselves (i.e. you get recognized as a paid user)

So it's a win-win... 

You give your friend $5 worth of xats

You get exclusive access to gifts-only features

And your friend gets the paid account status 8-)

I'm not sure if making a whole new page/system only to allow anyone to gift their own xats is the right thing to do. I see a lot of chaos in my simulations, people demanding their xats back, people saying somebody else collected their "reward", etc.

If we arranged the concept following your idea we'd need tons of guidelines... else people would be complaining way more than being happy giving away xats. 

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Cupim said:

Then click trade or transfer 

You know what I mean (d)

If it was for that, then i wouldn't have suggested it. Think about it this way: I manage a large chat with over 60+ active people and I want to gift a random people some xats, I want to do it in a fun way so i generate a code and I post it in the chat and the first person to get it wins. Done. Easy. Simple.

Think about it in a way of doing BIG contests, BIG giveaways. Think bigger.

3 minutes ago, Cupim said:

You give your friend $5 worth of xats

You get exclusive access to gifts-only features

And your friend gets the paid account status 8-)

I like this idea, yes. It could also happen.

4 minutes ago, Cupim said:

If we arranged the concept following your idea we'd need tons of guidelines... else people would be complaining way more than being happy giving away xats. 

Not quite sure a lot of guidelines would be needed for this. It's just a simple code to giveaway some xats.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Leandro said:

Not quite sure a lot of guidelines would be needed for this. It's just a simple code to giveaway some xats.

Gotta admit I first liked your idea but Cupim convinced me.

You can be sure some users would complain their code was already used by someone else, or scammers would use it to give away tons of xats without using the trade app.

Also given the understanding of some users, some phishers would make it look like a xats generator and trick users into given them the xats. You don't imagine how naive some users can be.

Ultimately, I still appreciate the idea a lot because you could potentially use the code to store xats on a protected "wallet". If you replicate this system and find a way to store an ID into a protected wallet as well, you could use it as a safe way to purchase an ID.

ID resell is currently at your own risks, but if this guess through xat servers, this would be extremely cool.

• Award 2
  • Thanks 1