xat is too protective

hordezla

• Members

Hello guys,

I think xat is too protective. I know it's good to have security, but this country/ip/browser restriction is a bit too much.

I travel a lot, because I'm an abroad worker. I work in Switzerland, then in the end of month I go to my home country Bosnia (just 1 hour of flight between this countries). And this country restriction is boring me, because I can't trade or do something, because I'm always in this unnecessary held for location changing. My suggestion is to remove all that "security" because it pointless for many users in Europe, as we work abroad usually. Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and similiar big websites are not boring like xat with this security. So please remove that bad security system, and just leave the "Google Authenticator" option if someone wants 2-step security.

I'm tired of same process of opening tickets for location update, and the same boring questions again and again (your old internet provider, new location, which payment method did u used..bla bla)

Thanks for reading.

Edit: Better you make option there or a button "Disable all security", with this warning "Are you sure you want disable all security" and finito. No held, no security for us that we won't this xat security.

Edited by hordezla
  • Award 2

• Moderators

The held you're getting isn't related to the protections you mentioned above. They must be manually enabled in order to protect you/get you blocked. You're getting held because you're away from your home location and when attempting to trade/transfer with it, it helds you for security purposes. While in Bosnia, open a ticket under "Location Update" to check if you can add this place as a home location.

• Award 1

• Members

Stif, it's too much boring security. It's not a bank account. It's just a chat website.

This "confrimation login code" is enough by email to click, or add this Google Authenticator. All other location/browser security is just boring for a xat customer.

I can understand you, you are probably whole day sitting at home and thinking about your xats and id's... paranoid to lost them.

But a regular, non obssesive user does not need that much security. If it's lost, it's lost, buy new and be smarter next time.

Edited by hordezla
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, hordezla said:

Stif, it's too much boring security. It's not a bank account. It's just a chat website.

Thank you. xat does have a lot of unnecessary security settings that no one likes but have to get use to them.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Hello Hordezla

First of all I want to say, protection for xat is one for which there is no obligation.
It is ON / Off option

I am in agreement with you, I have suggested this in the past.
All about security at xat.

I'm still traveling a lot with my work, and only when I get home I can use everypower my registry.
That's why I came up with an idea, a pack of everypower, a day, a week a month, a year, and you pay an amount of xats. (Idea was unsuccessful)

You said you did not care to be stolen, (here I do not agree)
Not all people have the money to buy, many have won gifts, and have no way to buy again.
We are all with different goals, fun, friendship, help or even as many others of the business.
There is nobody agreeing to enter the account and find nothing, so xats will be seen as a place without security.
Better to open a ticket to recover everything so you do not lose everything in seconds.ecover everything so you do not lose everything in seconds.

People who do not buy anything from xat.com with money have less chance of recovering their account.
Here I do not agree, Reasons for recovery are very bad, who gave this idea is blindfolded.
Why does not make secure, such as secondary email?

Security at xat.com I see it in a few simple steps.
What good friends do you have on xat.com
What email do you use or what secondary email you have added.
You bought from: xat.com/buy - Xats or not ?!
Have you ever had another open ticket in the past?
Do you have any other accounts?
What is your rank in official xat.com?
Do you have a phone number added ?! Which number ?
Do you have a forum.xat.com account? Which is the name?
Do you have members of your family on xat or forum?
What website do you have?
What YouTube channel do you have?
What is your Facebook?

All these questions / answers will be secured, only available in the ticket, by Admin and volunteers.

This is my opinion, but I respect your opinion.

Regards Bau