xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

New protection

Nezhit

• Bot Service Providers

Hello,

Since xat login got changed we can't have tickle anymore (finally?),

Well, my idea is that we can have a new such of protection... In the past I've suggested xat adding SMS codes, but as we know it is pay-per-usage,

I don't really know how older is Account Kit, but I know that, a lot of sites/apps are using it (including Uber) and it's becoming popular.

Is it safe? Yes, sure m8, it's owned by Facebook, then, why not?!

Some methods allowed to receive the 6-digit code is via Facebook notification, SMS, WhatsApp etc...

We can have it as account protection, enabling tickle again, why not?!

Finally IT IS FREE!!!

Documentation: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/accountkit/

@Admin

• Advanced Members

I'm sure there already a feature in the works to re-introduce tickle.

Regardless, I find your "Is it safe? [...] owned by Facebook" statement quite funny after all of the recent privacy issues with Facebook? Really?

Also, this means xat has to store your phone number... which I am not to keen on them having, either.

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
54 minutes ago, Leandro said:

soon

I said about being added now,

That's my suggestion, not "soon"

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.4b54feef76e2db813a84118550960634.pngScreenshot_2.thumb.png.d71fc7593f89dbb64d25d104c3602a84.png

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'm sure there already a feature in the works to re-introduce tickle.

Regardless, I find your "Is it safe? [...] owned by Facebook" statement quite funny after all of the recent privacy issues with Facebook? Really?

Also, this means xat has to store your phone number... which I am not to keen on them having, either.

And it still being used anyway,

I'm sure you or some of your friends, family etc use one of Facebook products, like Instagram, Facebook (itself), Messenger, WhatsApp etc.

And why is you talking this if even xat already happened this? I don't see the point/sense yet.

And really, I don't know if you really know about xat, but it stores your number already... When you buy on xat.com/buy what do you think it's being store?

And finally, xat CAN or NOT store the number, if admins want to. Don't really need to store it, I already tested a lot this app in the last 24 hours,

When SMS is send/confirmed it's 100% handled by Account Kit, not xat applications, xat can request to get the email, or number (maybe?)

• Meh 1