• User Profile/Actions Bug

CarlosDesigns

We all know that clicking on a user's name brings up an option box that let's you do a diverse amount of things to the user depending on your rank.

In the HTML5 client, when attempting to select/highlight text from a message. (clicking and dragging), the user actions box appears once I let go of the the mouse. After messing with this for a bit, I found out that attempting to select text was not the only way you could get this box to appear.

Refer to this image:

ziZY59fTQF6TsA_x9DVhFQ.png

Suppose you were in the chat and you clicked anywhere in this screenshot, which is edge to edge horizontally in the message box, you would cue the box to open.

I hope that whoever is reading this will understand what I mean, since this was pretty hard for me to put into words for some reason. I suggest making the clickable area the text, and pawn only. The image should lead to the user's xatspace like it does in the Flash client. Ultimately, you should be able to highlight and click text without accidentally opening the user actions box.

Steps to reproduce bug: Step 1: 
    Step 2: 
    Step 3: 
    etc

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Advanced Members

Thanks for your report CarlosDesigns. We're already aware of this.

The issue you're talking about is that upon clicking the chat messages it brings up the user dialog, while it should only do that when you click at the user's name.

I will let you know when this has been fixed.

Edited by LaFleur

This is now closed for further comments

• Priority Definitions

Trivial The issue is considered low priority.

Normal This is the default priority.

High A feature or service is not working properly, and it impacts a lot of people. The issue should be fixed in the near future.

Critical The issue is show-stopping, meaning that a certain feature or service is completely broken with no available workaround. The issue impacts a lot of people and requires immediate repair.

• Status Definitions

Open The issue is pending, or we are still working on the issue.

Fixed The issue has been resolved. The fix may not be immediately noticeable and may be released in a future version or update.

Closed This record is either not considered an issue or is better suited as a suggestion. If it is an issue, it may not be reproducible.

Won't Fix The issue will not be fixed because it is too low in priority. The issue is very minor. The resources required to fix the issue cannot justify the benefits received from fixing the issue. This means the issue is closed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.