• Mobile Captcha

CarlosDesigns

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I'm putting it here anyway

Unlike desktop, when you do a captcha on mobile, it requires you to do the "select the boxes" type. On desktop you just have to check it off and you're done.

Steps to reproduce bug: Self explanatory.
    Additional information: Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
    • Award 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Advanced Members

This is by (Google’s) design.

If the series of checks for the “click and go” captcha fail, you must solve a puzzle to get through. This means you can also get the select the boxes type on Desktop. 

Edited by Daniel

• Advanced Members
    1 hour ago, Daniel said:

If the series of checks for the “click and go” captcha fail, you must solve a puzzle to get through. This means you can also get the select the boxes type on Desktop. 

It's never happened to me on desktop after they fixed the unsolvable captcha bug a bit ago. It only happens to me on mobile. How does it only fail on mobile?

• Advanced Members
    4 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

It's never happened to me on desktop after they fixed the unsolvable captcha bug a bit ago. It only happens to me on mobile. How does it only fail on mobile?

It doesn't only fail on mobile. Just because you've never experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

The way it works I believe is it uses mouse movements before the button is pressed to determine if it was checked by a human or by a robot (among other things like previous activity on Google sites while other things will cause it to default to the puzzle, for example using a VPN), and I'm not sure if this is adjusted to mobile tapping/scrolling so that's probably why.

Edited by Daniel
    • Award 1

• Advanced Members
    Just now, Daniel said:

It doesn't only fail on mobile. Just because you've never experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

The way it works I believe is it uses mouse movements before the button is pressed to determine if it was checked by a human or by a robot, and I'm not sure if this is adjusted to mobile tapping/scrolling so that's probably why.

That makes sense. Thanks mate. This can be closed if someone else can confirm.

• Volunteers

If the informations given by Daniel are enough, I can now close this topic.

Feel free to ask a moderator to open it again in case if you are missing a few informations about.

Edited by SlOom

This is now closed for further comments

• Priority Definitions

Trivial The issue is considered low priority.

Normal This is the default priority.

High A feature or service is not working properly, and it impacts a lot of people. The issue should be fixed in the near future.

Critical The issue is show-stopping, meaning that a certain feature or service is completely broken with no available workaround. The issue impacts a lot of people and requires immediate repair.

• Status Definitions

Open The issue is pending, or we are still working on the issue.

Fixed The issue has been resolved. The fix may not be immediately noticeable and may be released in a future version or update.

Closed This record is either not considered an issue or is better suited as a suggestion. If it is an issue, it may not be reproducible.

Won't Fix The issue will not be fixed because it is too low in priority. The issue is very minor. The resources required to fix the issue cannot justify the benefits received from fixing the issue. This means the issue is closed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.