• adding newer friends wont save after log in

otomok

so if i add someone on xat then re-log in it completely deletes that person i added... this started some time ago and i dont know how to fix this...  ive tried reset the flash memory logged onto other browsers and any other kind of trick to fix this tried this on three computers too so i know its not me but something on xats end... using html5 works but  you cant see users logged in via the grid option you cant see where your friend is (not counting those with no follow) you cant view someones profile either i dont know what to do... i liked the flash version but  so far nothing is resolving this issue

Steps to reproduce bug: step 1 long in step 2 add a friend step 3 log out then relog back in result my friends that i recently add are gone ive tried all tricks known to solve this... tried this on 3 computers too, its clearly not me its a issue with xat!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Volunteers

Try to reproduce this by following these steps:

1) Close all xat windows

2) Open a xat chat

3) Add your friend

4) Relogin and connect on a xat

Is it working?

• Volunteers

Are you using an account?

Are you using the browser in normal mode and not incognito mode?

How are you adding your friend ? User dialog or through the /f command ?

• Advanced Members

@SlOom @otomok I believe this is an issue because caching time varies. I've heard it varies due to browser option, website's server speed, computer or internet speed, among other stuff similar to this. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I also had the same issue. Logging in immediately after adding a friend on Flash client probably will automatically remove them because they're not cached properly, if at all. Waiting 5-10 minutes before logging back in could fix the issue. It has worked for me before. This also might fix recent name changes.

There is also a bit of trouble when adding a friend on either Flash or HTML5 client. This is because the two don't sync correctly. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. I have no solution to this.

This is now closed for further comments

• Priority Definitions

Trivial The issue is considered low priority.

Normal This is the default priority.

High A feature or service is not working properly, and it impacts a lot of people. The issue should be fixed in the near future.

Critical The issue is show-stopping, meaning that a certain feature or service is completely broken with no available workaround. The issue impacts a lot of people and requires immediate repair.

• Status Definitions

Open The issue is pending, or we are still working on the issue.

Fixed The issue has been resolved. The fix may not be immediately noticeable and may be released in a future version or update.

Closed This record is either not considered an issue or is better suited as a suggestion. If it is an issue, it may not be reproducible.

Won't Fix The issue will not be fixed because it is too low in priority. The issue is very minor. The resources required to fix the issue cannot justify the benefits received from fixing the issue. This means the issue is closed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.